The Green Lean Bench Machine - Not Anymore

Soldato
OP
i really like this little case.

It makes a great little bench system, easy to access everything when i need to. Only thing i wish i did differently was to add another set of quick disconnects to the other side of the cpu so i can remove the motherboard tray without having to undo the plumbing. Might do it at a later date...

Soldato
yer one is good for adding too a loop but no good for a pain free strip down.

what keykaps went on the power and reset keys... i do like the use of key switch's here, its very good

Soldato
OP
yer one is good for adding too a loop but no good for a pain free strip down.

what keykaps went on the power and reset keys... i do like the use of key switch's here, its very good

Yeah im trying to make it as painless as possible, i'll get there i have plans to change the layout slightly but need parts.

I'm using a few novelty keys from a cloned GMK Mecha-01 Set which is based on the Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime series.

Soldato
OP
Missed this first time around, awesome!

Thanks man! Love yours too, incredible attention to detail in your builds.

That looks absolutely mental, fair play to you mate, I love it and it's madness! :D

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Should get the CAD files tomorrow so i can speak with the sponsor about the machining work to be done. Then its off for painting and then finally the build.

Soldato
OP
Replaced the QD's from Alphacool to something else that i know and trust. Unfortunately the Alphacool QD's are just not good enough.

Having had 2 die on me already where the centre bearing or oring gets stuck and refuses to retract back in causing the valve to stay stuck open.

Pics later of my new babies for this little project.

Soldato
OP
looks good mate. I like the black fittings with the tubing

Much prefer the black over the silver, plus the Koolance QD3's are much shorter and compact making everything a lot tidier. Spent a small fortune on Quick disconnects now with this rig and the previous rig :cry:.

Soldato
OP
This weekend i visited Mayhems again to pick up the Experimental coolant that i will be testing in this machine. It's a beautiful Teal, something you don't see all that often. Really looking forward to testing this out but need to wait for the radiator to arrive before i fill it up.

Also a Blitz kit for the occasion :D

Last edited:
Associate
Really glad to see you picking up new sponsors :)
I'd previously thought (after the rebuild) that it was a teal pastel coolant you were using, noticed on the last post that it was actually mesh around the tubing!

I've been thinking about whether I should consider the extra expense to get a blitz kit and give everything a proper clean (for my 280 and 240) as the rads have been sat unused and mostly drained for quite a while (1yr+)
I've been using an aircooler since and was considering just picking up a better one (TT PA or Phantom), as it would give me more freedom on cases (cos 280 Monsta and a 480 that I haven't used yet...)

Looking forward to the next update :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom