The Green Lean Bench Machine - Not Anymore

Soldato
OP
Really glad to see you picking up new sponsors :)
I'd previously thought (after the rebuild) that it was a teal pastel coolant you were using, noticed on the last post that it was actually mesh around the tubing!

I've been thinking about whether I should consider the extra expense to get a blitz kit and give everything a proper clean (for my 280 and 240) as the rads have been sat unused and mostly drained for quite a while (1yr+)
I've been using an aircooler since and was considering just picking up a better one (TT PA or Phantom), as it would give me more freedom on cases (cos 280 Monsta and a 480 that I haven't used yet...)

Looking forward to the next update :)

Thanks for the kind words mate, all projects are coming along nicely for a change despite the setbacks i had initially.

I've been using mesh for awhile and its easy to do to achieve a certain look or colour instead of just black, white and clear. Easily changeable without cutting new tubing which is why i love it so much.

I haven't really used a Blitz kit for some time since im usually using non coloured coolant and just plain deionised water for the past 6-8 years so there's never any gunk build up. Was only really an issue when i started using pastel colours but since this new one is a dye'd coolant, it should be fine too.

No word on the new rad yet but should be sometime this week so i can pick it up at the weekend.

Soldato
OP
New Radiator arrived, EK's P240M X-Flow in steel colour. Lovely rad with a lot of weight behind it and definitely took a page out of Heatkillers RAD series. Did a few flushes for good measure and as expected, lots of black particles. Took about 5-6 flushes before it was fully clear.

And Finally managed to finish the build last night and fill it before bed. Did consider white fans but i think the black frame with white Fan blade works well to break it up abit. This thing is so heavy, i was barely able to pick it up with my fingers using the handle bar at the top :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
DSC-7073.jpg

I hadent seen this update. that is the most Frankenstein think I've ever seen. but i love it hahah, fancy a trade :cry:

Soldato
OP
Update for the Bench build, not the latest and greatest but a huge jump from the Z270 platform it once was.

MSI B760i EDGE WIFI DDR4 motherboard
12700KF
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 CL18

I have some DDR4 32gb 4000mhz kit on the way for testing on this platform. Also featuring the worlds smallest RTX 4060, the LP edition, ties in with the build nicely :cry:, nothing like a midget gpu lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom