• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Has anyone received a standard reference EVGA card, literally total silence from OCuk on these. ETA is today but nobody can tell me anything...?

Getting on my nerves a little bit now.

OcUK Staff
Has anyone received a standard reference EVGA card, literally total silence from OCuk on these. ETA is today but nobody can tell me anything...?

Getting on my nerves a little bit now.

Call our sales/CS and tell them Gibbo authorised them to change your backorder to the SC reference for no additional charge whilst we still have stock of the SC version, about 47 units left at moment, but 14 today sold so far, so please ring them today to arrange.

Soldato
Gibbo, i've spoken to the sales team/guys on livechat a few times over the past couple of weeks and just wanted to say they have done an excellent job and always been very helpful.

Associate
Well, my order has changed to Printed, so here's hoping I get it soon xD Ordered a whole new PC though, but since it's on mon-fri delivery, think I'll be waiting til monday at the earliest xD

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, i didn't receive a batman code with my 980 ti G1.

Because it was not originally part of the promo as was not advertised as such when you placed the order.

However, contact our CS/Sales they should be able to sort you a code, just might take a few days as codes are on an automated electronic system.

Associate
Call our sales/CS and tell them Gibbo authorised them to change your backorder to the SC reference for no additional charge whilst we still have stock of the SC version, about 47 units left at moment, but 14 today sold so far, so please ring them today to arrange.

Gibbo, thanks. I was starting to wonder if EVGA was just one that was being blanked.

I talked to Rich on the phone and he was a top bloke.

OCuk customer service is spot on.

Cheers lads.

Associate
Hi guys,

Just put my 2x980 Ti's in my rig and ran a few benches/checked up on it in CPU-Z. Is it supposed to be reporting only having 4095MB of memory?

Associate
Hi guys,

Just put my 2x980 Ti's in my rig and ran a few benches/checked up on it in CPU-Z. Is it supposed to be reporting only having 4095MB of memory?

I noticed VRAM reporting seems very inconsistent. In GPU-Z it shows correctly as 6144MB (check you have the newest version of GPU-Z), in Heaven benchmark it shows as ~4095MB, in Windows device manager it shows as ~2048MB.

I don't know if this is a bug or a driver issue or something, or software compatibility issue.

I've only been benching so far, I will need to do some more gaming to push the VRAM usage and check.

Associate
GPU-Z reports the correct 6144MB of memory. Must be some sort of incompatibility with CPU-Z and Unigine Heaven, I guess? I was slightly worried, and then I checked some Google videos and benchmark pictures of other people with 980 Ti's and saw the same was happening to them and felt a bit better.

Thank you for your help.

Associate
Gigabyte G1 or EVGA Reference?

I like the look of the reference cooler and the lit up GEFORCE more than the windforce design, but is the G1 the superior design?

Associate
Hey guys,

Got a quick question.. was waiting for the EVGA Hybrids as i'm gonna be going SLI but from what i'm reading would I get better overall performance with the G1? will the G1 overclock better than the EVGA hybrid?
I was looking forward to the idea of watercooled GPUs to help with heat (currently have Windforce 780s, at full load gaming top car can hit 86 - 88 degrees) but ill put up with the heat and noise for performance any day.

Cheers for your help,

Back
Top Bottom