• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Hey guys,

Got a quick question.. was waiting for the EVGA Hybrids as i'm gonna be going SLI but from what i'm reading would I get better overall performance with the G1? will the G1 overclock better than the EVGA hybrid?
I was looking forward to the idea of watercooled GPUs to help with heat (currently have Windforce 780s, at full load gaming top car can hit 86 - 88 degrees) but ill put up with the heat and noise for performance any day.

Cheers for your help,
With temperatures likely to rise, for SLI I would only consider the Hybrids. I think G1s in SLI will get too hot and perform less compared to the EVGAs.

For the single card I'm personally going with the G1 (selling 970s), just because water cooling seems pointless for a single card.

Associate
Kind of wish I had more time over the last week to fully test my Hybrid out and tinker.

It's still at stock clocks but that's solid boost to 1300 and sitting under 50c :)

Associate
Still in love with mine. Just thought I'd state that :D

Same, aside from the heart-stopping moment when there's "No display input" flashing on the screen after fitting the water block and filling the loop...

turned out I didn't plug in the DVI cable :rolleyes:

Gonna have a tinker with increasing power limit tonight.

Soldato
On H20 here and running the MSI Reference at stock. At the settings I'm comfortable at it really doesn't need an aggresive overclock and I'm more comfortable with <50c load temps during summer. Once battlefront comes along I'll ramp it up!

In saying that I was able to easily get 1450/2100 with some overvolting :D That gave me a >20k score in firestrike.

Last edited:
Associate
The reference/non-SC cards are supposed to be 1075 Mhz boost clock, but the Overclocker's cards I installed today (Manli brand) are boosting to 1175Mhz as stock/with no changes from me. Is this normal?

Associate
With temperatures likely to rise, for SLI I would only consider the Hybrids. I think G1s in SLI will get too hot and perform less compared to the EVGAs.

For the single card I'm personally going with the G1 (selling 970s), just because water cooling seems pointless for a single card.

yep, thats what I was thinking.. ill stick with a pair of Hybrids then :p

Haven't ordered anything yet so I guess I got a bit of a wait on my hands :(

Associate
Wow gaming with this card at 4k with the latest games is such a fun experience. I find myself just wondering about in games looking at the scenery and graphics in awe lol

I didn't realise how crisp, detailed and sharp the visuals would be at 4k. I definitely don't regret spending all this money haha

I have some friends coming over tomorrow to check it out, they think that PS4 graphics are amazing and impressive and I just keep telling them to try out 4k gaming on my machine and see if they can notice any difference.

I've been playing:

GTA 5
Witcher 3
Advanced Warfare
Shadow of Mordor (although I'm not overly impressed with the graphics, I keep reading about this high texture pack, how can I get it?)
Mortal Kombat X
Dying Light

All running on maximum settings (which one or two turned off like MSAA) but I use FXAA instead, smooth gameplay in every game and very playable. No problems at all.

Are there any other impressive visual games? I was thinking about Elite Dangerous, any other sci fi games?

Back
Top Bottom