• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Got my EVGA Hybrid 980ti up to 1512 Mhz boost clock stable and +400Mhz Memory clock stable and a new Firestrike Extreme high score of 9079...

Max termp was 50 degrees and still whisper quiet :)

Soldato
Quick question, will EVGA backplates fit onto any 980ti (I assume so but wanted to double check) also is the touted 3c cooler running genuine or rubbish?.

As I'll be running SLI on reference for a while until the 980ti hybrid arrives & wanted to drop the temps a little.

Associate
I've spoken to three people today and they are all seeing the same thing.

It cant be a temp issue as I am custom water and my temps are below 40c. I just find it strange that as soon as the gpu hits any sort of load the voltage limit flags up with a 1 on Afterburner? At first I was wondering if it was only my card but it seems not. If anyone else could check Afterbuner or shed some light on this that would be great. :)

With boost 2.0 the card will increase it's clock continuously until it is limited by some factor, the first of which usually being the voltage. If you look at your BIOS you can see the boost table and the voltage table. Maxwell Bios Editor isn't completely accurate with it's current version but it's still mostly correct.

Associate
What's your +core voltage at if you don't mind me asking?

Been trying to get 1500, but stuck on 1462.

I added +125mhz to the core and 1.281v under load

...also flashed the EVGA SC Bios onto the card

(from http://www.overclock.net/t/1558645/official-nvidia-gtx-980-ti-owners-club)

Had one display driver crash at that OC when doing a few hours of stability looks though so while it's fine for benchmarking, I think I'll bring it back down to +100mhz at 1.281v for day to day use...

Temps never went above 52 degrees though and stayed near silent...loving this card :)

Associate
So you are saying UP the vcore voltage and see what happens, will it not make it worse?

I tried increasing the vcore by +0.5 but it made no difference, I'm hitting the power limit now and the vcore limit. I thought I had a good card with 78.8asic but it's actually rubbish. It boosts to 1380 stock but I can't add +100mhz without hitting both limits. I think I will just leave it at stock boost of 1380 as it's quieter and runs everything at 1440p max anyway but pretty dissapointed I can't push it further.

Associate
we don't bin cards I was joking as we were being accused of asic binning cards. yet here i am with an utterly average asic score..... and an absolute dog of a card for overclocking, (read i'm too impatient and suck at overclocking)

Well don't I feel stupid :( That went right over my head, apologies mate.

Last edited:
Associate
I added +125mhz to the core and 1.281v under load

...also flashed the EVGA SC Bios onto the card

(from http://www.overclock.net/t/1558645/official-nvidia-gtx-980-ti-owners-club)

Had one display driver crash at that OC when doing a few hours of stability looks though so while it's fine for benchmarking, I think I'll bring it back down to +100mhz at 1.281v for day to day use...

Temps never went above 52 degrees though and stayed near silent...loving this card :)

Cool thanks for that.

Must be the SC bios making a difference on core clock, I'm at +145 and +50 mV in afterburner, which is getting me 1499 Mhz now lol.

My Fire Strike Extreme score is only 8683 though :confused:

*edit* I've not touched the memory yet, maybe that's why.

Last edited:
Associate
Cool thanks for that.

Must be the SC bios making a difference on core clock, I'm at +145 and +50 mV in afterburner, which is getting me 1499 Mhz now lol.

My Fire Strike Extreme score is only 8683 though :confused:

*edit* I've not touched the memory yet, maybe that's why.

Yeah, I only got the results I was hoping for after I flashed the SC bios...when you think that the SC is just a reference card with a higher voltage limit, I can't think of any reason our hybrid couldn't run that BIOS, especially with better cooling...

And yeah, your memory clock might be holding your firestrike back...I've got mine on +400mhz on the memory...

I was desperate to get over 9000 on Firestrike and to break 1500mhz on my boost clock...crazy what we do for a few numbers eh ;) At least my wife thinks I'm crazy...

Associate
On stock volts I set the power to 109% then add 150+ core and 400+ mem. The core boosts to about 1470-80.

Now if I set power 109% and leave the core on stock but push the volts up the 87+, the core boosts to around 1520 itself!

So really, there is no need to shift the core clock when adding more volts as it does it all itself.

That's with an EVGA SC ACX+

When benching, I am pushing 180mz+ core and 600mhz+ Mem.

Just to add, when I max the volts and push the clocks, I am not hitting a power limit. I am hitting a voltage limit. I guess my card could go on more with more volts but I don't really fancy flashing this bad boy.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I only got the results I was hoping for after I flashed the SC bios...when you think that the SC is just a reference card with a higher voltage limit, I can't think of any reason our hybrid couldn't run that BIOS, especially with better cooling...

And yeah, your memory clock might be holding your firestrike back...I've got mine on +400mhz on the memory...

I was desperate to get over 9000 on Firestrike and to break 1500mhz on my boost clock...crazy what we do for a few numbers eh ;) At least my wife thinks I'm crazy...

That's my next route then, flashing that SC bios.

Yeah I agree, hybrid should be able to do a lot more on its bios than it does. I'm hitting the power wall now on this, keeps throttling back down.

I'll give that bios a whirl when the kids allow me.

Thanks again mate.

Associate
On stock volts I set the power to 109% then add 150+ core and 400+ mem. The core boosts to about 1470-80.

Now if I set power 109% and leave the core on stock but push the volts up the 87+, the core boosts to around 1520 itself!

So really, there is no need to shift the core clock when adding more volts as it does it all itself.

That's with an EVGA SC ACX+

When benching, I am pushing 180mz+ core and 600mhz+ Mem.

Just to add, when I max the volts and push the clocks, I am not hitting a power limit. I am hitting a voltage limit. I guess my card could go on more with more volts but I don't really fancy flashing this bad boy.

Just tried this on the hybrid with its stock bios, and it only hits 1354.

Off to try the SC bios now :)

Back
Top Bottom