• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Just performed the Windows 10 upgrade and everything went smoothly. One thing I've noticed is GPU-Z shows my GTX 980 Ti as a DirectX 11.2 card and not DirectX 12! I have DX12 installed along with the latest Nvidia drivers and latest version of GPU-Z.... Is it not really a true DX12 card?

EDIT: It's ok as running DXDIAG shows the card supporting all feature levels up to DX12.1 :). I'm guessing it's not implemented in the latest version of GPU-Z yet.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Just performed the Windows 10 upgrade and everything went smoothly. One thing I've noticed is GPU-Z shows my GTX 980 Ti as a DirectX 11.2 card and not DirectX 12! I have DX12 installed along with the latest Nvidia drivers and latest version of GPU-Z.... Is it not really a true DX12 card?

EDIT: It's ok as running DXDIAG shows the card supporting all feature levels up to DX12.1 :). I'm guessing it's not implemented in the latest version of GPU-Z yet.

When I update to DX12 and Win 10 the first thing I will do is run the DX12 feature test in the Futuremark bench to make sure everything is working.

Caporegime
My MSI was hitting 75c in Unigine Heaven at stock. Is that normal? Boosts to 1360.

Yep, pretty much the norm. Set a 1-1 fan curve. Ie 50% @ 50c, card is that quiet anyway upto 80% fan speed. Use this on mine and in games it hits 65c. 100% fan for benchmarks, 60c max. Beauty of the msi is how low the fan noise is, even 100% isn't what id class as obtrusive.

Associate
So, I have just received RMA confirmation for my Amp! Extreme! 980Ti. I cant stand the irregular noises it makes both electrical (coil whine and ticking noises like a faulty hard drive when idle) and fan based. The question now is what card do I go for once I have sent this one off? I am definitely leaning towards the MSI 6G. But I am also curious about the inno3D hybrid.

Associate
Anyone else pre-order a Evga 980ti Hybrid and are still waiting?

Hi

Sorry just back from holiday this week so been catching up.

Larger quantities of hybrid cards are now shipping to the UK. By the end of next week another 30 units will have been received by OCUK, my understanding is this should clear the current backorder hopefully by the end of the week.

Sorry for the delay but I hope this finally makes some of you happy.

Ben

Caporegime
Hi

Larger quantities of hybrid cards are now shipping to the UK. By the end of next week another 30 units will have been received by OCUK, my understanding is this should clear the current backorder hopefully by the end of the week.

Ben

30? What exactly takes these so long to make? They're a bog standard reference card with an aio and custom shroud.

Associate
30? What exactly takes these so long to make? They're a bog standard reference card with an aio and custom shroud.

It is not the production of the cards. It is more the sourcing of the additional parts.

All sorted now though for ongoing production.

30 is just for OCUK obviously you have to appreciate we have a number of customers through Europe and worldwide.

Ben

Associate
Hi

Ben

Ben, thank you for the feedback and keeping those concerned up to date this will be appreciated. l hope your break was great :)

Associate
Hi

Ben

Thanks for the update. Hopefully be seeing one soon.

Associate
I had an i5 2500 (non k) and GTX 970 gaming on a 1080P 60hz screen and was able to get a near locked 60fps on Crysis 3.

I have upgraded my card to a 980 ti and bought a 1440P Acer xb270hu and still using my i5 2500 the fps tanks down to like 30, jumps up to 80, it is all over the place! Gsync isn't helping!

I am upgrading my pc gradually, is my current cpu a massive bottleneck on this system?

Associate
So I'm weighing up my options, and after quite a bit of thought I am quite interested in going for a reference 980Ti. Would this be fine in terms of temperatures as a single card in my case? it saves me about £100 all in. I am also wondering if it will clock alright without the dual 8 pin power input. Its reference or the 6G I think that I'm going to go for.

Associate
I had an i5 2500 (non k) and GTX 970 gaming on a 1080P 60hz screen and was able to get a near locked 60fps on Crysis 3.

I have upgraded my card to a 980 ti and bought a 1440P Acer xb270hu and still using my i5 2500 the fps tanks down to like 30, jumps up to 80, it is all over the place! Gsync isn't helping!

I am upgrading my pc gradually, is my current cpu a massive bottleneck on this system?

It is quite strange, at least according to the latest TechSpot article you shouldn't experience any issue.

So I'm weighing up my options, and after quite a bit of thought I am quite interested in going for a reference 980Ti. Would this be fine in terms of temperatures as a single card in my case? it saves me about £100 all in. I am also wondering if it will clock alright without the dual 8 pin power input. Its reference or the 6G I think that I'm going to go for.
It's really all about the Silicon, there are reference cards which can do 1580+ and Msi that don't go past 1400. Get the reference, if you want more you can always get EVGA Hybrid kit for 90£.
Something that everybody waiting for the EVGA Hybrid should do really ._.

Associate
It's really all about the Silicon, there are reference cards which can do 1580+ and Msi that don't go past 1400. Get the reference, if you want more you can always get EVGA Hybrid kit for 90£.
Something that everybody waiting for the EVGA Hybrid should do really ._.

It is incredibly annoying, especially after receiving a card with such a high ASIC and winning the silicon lottery for the first time, but having to return it after 3 days of use. I guess I'll wait till my money lands back in my bank account and think about what to get in that time.

Back
Top Bottom