• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Permabanned
I know! Was me just having a little dig, on how people would moan if a card ran a pesky 5 to 10MHz under advertised clocks but if boosted well over advertised clocks we'd be cool with it :p

Ah,should have been obvious as people can always tell when Im joking on the internet :p

I made a similar point a while back that people complain when a good game is only 6 hours long and say its not worth £40 but if they bought a £40 game and got 300 hours out of it they wouldnt pay more! Slightly off topic but hey! :)

Soldato
Ah,should have been obvious as people can always tell when Im joking on the internet :p

I made a similar point a while back that people complain when a good game is only 6 hours long and say its not worth £40 but if they bought a £40 game and got 300 hours out of it they wouldnt pay more! Slightly off topic but hey! :)

Lol, you know how it is, no smiley you must be serious. People around here can be easily influenced if not in black & white :D

Associate
Still getting constant bsods with my MSI Gaming.

I can get it to crash 100% with GTA 5 during a 5 star chase. Usually within around 5 mins I'll get the nvlddmkm bsod :(

Also looking up at the Police Choppers starts to slow my game down fps down from the 50s to around 15. Not sure if this happens with anyone else's GTA during a chase but not long after that I usually have a crash.

Are Win 10 nvidia drivers generally ok for people? Im considering giving it a try, if not I dont know what else to do.

Associate

I can get it to crash 100% with GTA 5 during a 5 star chase. Usually within around 5 mins I'll get the nvlddmkm bsod :(

Also looking up at the Police Choppers starts to slow my game down fps down from the 50s to around 15. Not sure if this happens with anyone else's GTA during a chase but not long after that I usually have a crash.

Are Win 10 nvidia drivers generally ok for people? Im considering giving it a try, if not I dont know what else to do.

I don't understand why you haven't RMA'd this card yet. If it can't run games at stock or even underclocked, it's faulty. Windows 10 won't do anything if you have already tried reinstalling drivers.

Associate
Amazing what adding two fans to the case can do. Temps dropped from around 75 to 60 now with fan speed at 70% and boosting to 1494Mhz in most games.

Witcher 3 & Battlefield 4 I get 70 degrees.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Pretty nice even after stabilising, card looks great too. How is it for noise. I know your msi had a weird fan issue si hard to really compare. Enjoy.:)

Its very quiet, can't really hear it at all. Odd thing about the card and it was noticed in reviews is the ram has no heatsinks, instead its cooled by the air from the fans.

Permabanned

Thats all wrong bud. Last night I had 5 helicopters after me in a 5 star chase at night and was getting 60% usage from a single TX @1400p with everything maxed except AA and adaptive vsync on through the NVCP

Sounds like an RMA be be your best option there sadly

Associate
Got to say I'm very happy with my Palit GTX980Ti.

Temps reaching 64C in a cramped, tiny Lian Li case, card is boosting to 1367mhz at stock and is very quiet.
Also over 50%+ faster than my overclocked 290 PCS+ in Unigine heaven at stock.
No coil whine that I've noticed either.

Chuffed.

Associate
I don't understand why you haven't RMA'd this card yet. If it can't run games at stock or even underclocked, it's faulty. Windows 10 won't do anything if you have already tried reinstalling drivers.

Thats all wrong bud. Last night I had 5 helicopters after me in a 5 star chase at night and was getting 60% usage from a single TX @1400p with everything maxed except AA and adaptive vsync on through the NVCP

Sounds like an RMA be be your best option there sadly

Main reason I haven't RMA'd yet is I thought it was a driver problem tbh as the crashes seem very temperamental at times.

I also thought it was fixed for a week as I had only one crash, maybe because I was simply playing less intensive games though.

I just tried GTA again after disabling the Win 10 update in the taskbar and in Windows updates. It was trying to run in the background when I thought Id already disabled it. I managed to play for over an hour with the Cops chasing, I still was getting stuttering down into the 30s 40s (which felt much lower) and GPU usage was down to around 29 however no crash.

I guess your right though I'll contact Overclockers about changing the card again, I just thought Id try a new OS before resorting to that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Amazing how gimmicky the zero db fan is, you can't even hear it at idle with the zero db disabled so I'm really struggling to see the point. Yet now that's a selling point. 0_o

Associate
It makes absolute sense.
What's the point of having the fans spinning if it's not needed? Low noise is noisier than zero noise. No power consumption is cheaper than low power consumption.
When not gaming all my case fans are off, for example. Only Cpu cooler is on.

Back
Top Bottom