• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Maybe the new ETA is for the unallocated ACX's, so the amount arriving on Friday are all earmarked for existing pre-orders and therefore it'd be pointless putting Friday up as the ETA for new pre-orders?

That would make sense as I'm pretty sure some people were getting their pre orders fulfilled late last week without any change to the information on the item pages. Have a few days to see what happens on Friday.

Associate
I've just cancelled my order for the ACX and placed one for Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming. Wish I did that earlier but only 20 people have placed an order for that model.

G1 looks a lot better and is overclocked higher than the ACX. The review for the ACX was great so the G1 should be just as good, if not better.

Associate
That would make sense as I'm pretty sure some people were getting their pre orders fulfilled late last week without any change to the information on the item pages. Have a few days to see what happens on Friday.

While I would be inclined to believe this, however another user posted that after speaking with a member of OCUK, only a small handful will be arriving this Friday. Considering there are over 50 people in the queue (since I last heard), they will need more than a small handful to fulfill existing preorders.

Associate
While I would be inclined to believe this, however another user posted that after speaking with a member of OCUK, only a small handful will be arriving this Friday. Considering there are over 50 people in the queue (since I last heard), they will need more than a small handful to fulfill existing preorders.

70+ for the ACX :o

Soldato
amazing how the overpriced asus card keeps getting topped up with stock.

It's smart. List only a few to give impression they could run out at any second, someone who may be sitting on the fence thinks "If I don't buy it now I may not for ages...", and buys.

Stocks get too low, add a few more.

But that is the cynic in me. Could just be they are adding the cards bit by bit while they process them :)

Soldato
But that is the cynic in me. Could just be they are adding the cards bit by bit while they process them :)

Not cynical at all. Gibbo and the OCUK team know exactly the same as we do that people will buy if they think they soon might not have the option to buy because it's sold out.

I hardly think they get a delivery of 5 cards every few hours and are processing them as they go!

Associate
Have ordered a EVGA Hybrid from a place that says they'll get stock tomorrow. Hoping for a Saturday delivery but not counting on it.

Does this frenzy really happen every launch? I mean I know some people are eager to get the latest stuff but I don't think it's that bad...

Associate
im not eager... just watching the performance. no way im buying before amd reveal what they have and theres a big live reveal by oculus tomorrow night so plans may change again ^_^ . plans so far.. 2 x evga hybrids :p

Associate
I caved in the end and bought a reference. After doing a lot of research, it seems a custom fan curve is all I need to get them temps below 80c on full load. Being a reference it may even overclock a little better. We'll see. Still £50 over the RRP though : (

Best of luck with it, in the worst case you could always put a custom cooler on it in a couple months. EVGA even sell the ACX separate for the Titan X PCB afaik. 980Ti + GSNYC should be a pretty great experience.

Associate
Maybe the new ETA is for the unallocated ACX's, so the amount arriving on Friday are all earmarked for existing pre-orders and therefore it'd be pointless putting Friday up as the ETA for new pre-orders?

I will now have a 2nd shipment landing with OCUK on Tuesday 16th June of the ACX card. Not quite as big volumes but numbers increasing all the time.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom