• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
One thing I was not happy with when I purchased my Titan X, can you believe after paying £900 I didn't get any haribo!!!! I feel a stiff letter of complaint at this injustice being drafted sir :D

Associate
I could have ordered any of the instock cards, but prefer EVGA due to allowing cooler removal. Also, the pre overclocked SC works best for me due to running system at stock ;)

The only time any of these manufacturers will know if you've removed the cooler is if you damage the card in doing so, strip or round off a load of the screws or just return it looking tampered with. Not even EVGA will honor any warranty in this case.

Evga's statment on cooler removal basically says if you remove the stock cooler when you return it to them it needs to be in factory condition , I.E use common sense.

Soldato
The only time any of these manufacturers will know if you've removed the cooler is if you damage the card in doing so, strip or round off a load of the screws or just return it looking tampered with. Not even EVGA will honor any warranty in this case.

Evga's statment on cooler removal basically says if you remove the stock cooler when you return it to them it needs to be in factory condition , I.E use common sense.

dont damage the head of the screws ;)

Soldato
Some of those little electronics screws (on clamp bracket) can be a pita, not sure how you would avoid stripping at least 1 of them at least partially.

Not talking about the TX, just remembering my 5850s.

Associate
If you use the correct type and size of screwdriver head this should never happen. If you insert the screwdriver into the screw and you have any movement if the screwdriver in the screw head at all you are not using the correct type or size, this is what strips 99% of screws

Caporegime

8 Pack took time out to have a chat with me after smashing up several world records on the Titan X bench runs. He was running 4 way Titan Xs at over 1700Mhz/2000Mhz and the whole system just looked like a massive ice cube at the end :D

Might want to add that in the OP somewhere Kaap?

Soldato
If you use the correct type and size of screwdriver head this should never happen. If you insert the screwdriver into the screw and you have any movement if the screwdriver in the screw head at all you are not using the correct type or size, this is what strips 99% of screws

This^^ and using a cheap set of screwdrivers. Cheap drivers are made of poor chocolate like material, poor tolerances for a good fit.

High quality but relatively good screwdrivers are Wera tools. For PC stuff you'll want PH00 PH0 PH1 PZ0 PZ1 PZ2. Know the difference between Philips and POZI drive.

Soldato
dont pull the card apart unless you intend to fit a full water block, because i tried Air and it looks way too big too ugly..........it's 5 slots deep

Last edited:
Soldato
When my card failed my first thought was to take the cooler off to check that the plug for the fan hadn't come off but there were anti-tamper stickers on the back, so I didn't.

Soldato
the plugs cant just come out, they're a tight interference fit, there's two plugs, the other is for the ``GEFORCE GTX`` LED

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

8 Pack took time out to have a chat with me after smashing up several world records on the Titan X bench runs. He was running 4 way Titan Xs at over 1700Mhz/2000Mhz and the whole system just looked like a massive ice cube at the end :D

Might want to add that in the OP somewhere Kaap?

Very good video and added to the Extreme Benching section.:)

Thanks Gregster.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Ok cheers for the info. Just need to get rid of my 980s now to claw some monies back ;)

TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link
Make Gigabyte, jim0082, Link
Make EVGA, vasilltino, Link
Make EVGA SC, Aylan1196, Link
Make Gigabyte, cadmunkey, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Back
Top Bottom