• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Of course a high-end dual GPU card beats it. You also get the stutter, compatibility and profile issues that go along with it.

It would have to be something SERIOUSLY special for a manufacturer to have a 100% increase in performance over their opponents at launch.

Soldato
I hope this card will drop the price of the current 980's so i could just grab a pair of this for SLI.

Do you think the 980's will drop in price, or will the future 980TI just be released at a more efficient price to match the 390x's?

980 won't drop until it gets replaced by the 980ti.

980 is now a mid range CARD and mid range PRICE (not silicon !, it was always mid range silicon !) and will only drop when the 980ti comes along and makes it entry level.

There's just such a massive gap in price between it and TX. So much so the 980 seems positively cheap compared to the TX.

Associate
980 won't drop until it gets replaced by the 980ti.

980 is now a mid range CARD and mid range PRICE (not silicon !, it was always mid range silicon !) and will only drop when the 980ti comes along and makes it entry level.

There's just such a massive gap in price between it and TX. So much so the 980 seems positively cheap compared to the TX.

Thanks for the clarification mate. That is true, the price of the TX should help me justify the cost of buying both of those cards outright haha..

I wonder if i should wait for sli 980ti's or go for the 980 sli's right now..

Associate
Yes what were you even thinking?!?!?!

Personally speaking though I would just remove one 295x2, sell it and then carry on as normal.

Yeah, I bought it as I wanted 4k @ 60fps - but nothing supports crossfire unfortunately.

I'm thinking SLI will have a better shot especially as I'm using 21:9 3440x1440 instead now...

Soldato
Yeah, I bought it as I wanted 4k @ 60fps - but nothing supports crossfire unfortunately.

I'm thinking SLI will have a better shot especially as I'm using 21:9 3440x1440 instead now...

Then go 980 SLI and wait for the 980ti?

Titan X SLI makes no financial sense.. So, as long as you can get your head around that then go TX SLI. If not I would go 980 SLI to tide you over.

Soldato
In one of the review describe the x295 as a mess. It had the fps over the titan x but was not as smooth as the titan. I thought it was all about frame pacing and all that stuff?

only because it hasn't had drivers for ages, other reviews said the 295X2 would be a Ttian X killer once it's been sorted out...................unfortunately, it has a lack of RAM........ I think, not sure about that

Caporegime
only because it hasn't had drivers for ages, other reviews said the 295X2 would be a Ttian X killer once it's been sorted out...................unfortunately, it has a lack of RAM........ I think, not sure about that

Added a third to my setup, and apart from a little more heat I'm more than happy with it!! Makes gaming at 4k possible at full settings :cool:

Soldato
Yes what were you even thinking?!?!?!

Personally speaking though I would just remove one 295x2, sell it and then carry on as normal.

depends how good your case cooling is :eek::eek:

because under extreme load TITAN X = 7990 for temps.....it's a real shock to read that, because he couldn't even touch the GPU without burning his fingers :cool:

Caporegime
Added a third to my setup, and apart from a little more heat I'm more than happy with it!! Makes gaming at 4k possible at full settings :cool:

Same here mate.

IMO it's the most cost effective (which isn't to say, cheap) way of gaming at 4k with full settings turned up.

Other than Anti-aliasing which tends to eat up too much memory.

Soldato

i read this often :- the 295X2 is the best choice for extreme 4k.....but we need to know how long 4gb RAM will last at 1080p

i've seen the 295x2 for £512 online, you will too if you Google it;)

Caporegime
I often wonder how many people would actually buy the Titan if we didn't have the forum here for them to tell everyone they're doing so and the benchmarking threads.

It definitely has some kind of influence.

Yeah, easy to get caught up in the hype.

Which is why I am glad they announced it 22 hours before they launched it for sale, gave me time to come to my senses and realise how stupid it would be (for me) to buy one.

The only other time I got caught out by forum hype is when Gibbo announced the 'amazing, one time only' price of the 295x2 at £699.99

A month later it was down to £499.99......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom