• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

Associate
Having a cursory glance at stuff like userbenchmark.com it seems like ARC is worth considering from a low-end price - performance perspective. But is there anything it is particularly bad at? I read all sorts of bad things about drivers etc but I don't know how out of date this info is.

Soldato
If you have a case with a vertically mounted GPU (e.g. Silverstone FT) and want an Arc GPU you should choose Sparkle.

Great read and great customer service. Had a similar experience with Asrock tbh when i bought one of their Z690 itx boards that was reading a wrong voltage. They were more than keen to fix it and offered a replacement board if a bios update didn't remedy it. I ended up sending the board back though for a refund and ended it there instead.

Soldato
is there any dates for the new cards coming out?
going to build up a 2nd pc with older parts so might try an arc card in it. Mainly just used for work etc

Soldato
Just put a Asrock A770 in my friends pc and no noticeable coil whine and it has been solid as a rock so far.

The Asrock card is so hilariously overbuilt its quite funny. I had one for a brief period before switching to the BiFrost (8GB of VRAM was the only downside for the Phantom). Made the A750 LE look titchy in comparison.

Soldato
OP

Soldato
OP
Hardware Unboxed review the Radeon RX 7600XT and note how well the A770 fares, being a competitor card in performance to the Radeon 7600, 7600XT, and RTX 4060 in most games.

Naturally, HUB couldn't bring themselves to bring up the A770 in the comparisons, only mentioning it very briefly in the conclusion. I don't know why they hate Intel so much.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Intel said:
GAMING HIGHLIGHTS:

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:

• Enshrouded*
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League*
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth*
  • Tekken 8*
  • Palworld*

Can't say I'd had any issues with Palworld on the A770, but if it improves performance even more, I'll take it! :D

Edit: Saw a few people on Reddit complaining about this driver. People in the Arc section seem addicted to DDU... I just downloaded it from the Intel site and installed straight over the top of my existing, without clean install. Worked fine.
Palworld was already running great at 3440x1440 and I never run overlays, so no idea if performance is any better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't say I'd had any issues with Palworld on the A770, but if it improves performance even more, I'll take it! :D

Edit: Saw a few people on Reddit complaining about this driver. People in the Arc section seem addicted to DDU... I just downloaded it from the Intel site and installed straight over the top of my existing, without clean install. Worked fine.
Palworld was already running great at 3440x1440 and I never run overlays, so no idea if performance is any better.

Same when running any of my ARC cards I just installed directly over the top of the old driver (selecting clean install where applicable). I do the exact same with Nvidia or AMD cards as well.

The only time I use DDU is when switching between the difference vendors and that is probably not really required any more (force of habit scenario).

Will have to to get the BiFrost back into my desktop so see how the new driver performs when it is released. :)

Back
Top Bottom