• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

Soldato
I mostly just remember it causing more problems than it solved, but this was back in Vista era...
Just strange to see people using it for a simple driver upgrade.

The BiFrost is what I have too. Doesn't look quite as nice as the standard Arc cards, but been happy with it so far.

Caporegime
Hardware Unboxed review the Radeon RX 7600XT and note how well the A770 fares, being a competitor card in performance to the Radeon 7600, 7600XT, and RTX 4060 in most games.

Naturally, HUB couldn't bring themselves to bring up the A770 in the comparisons, only mentioning it very briefly in the conclusion. I don't know why they hate Intel so much.

I think because in a review about the 7600XT it just doesn't stack up well in cost per frame. They have included it, they always do, which is more than can be said for a lot of others...

Its too expensive. Even the 4060 is better value, much better.

oHL1z4k.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
I mostly just remember it causing more problems than it solved, but this was back in Vista era...
Just strange to see people using it for a simple driver upgrade.

The BiFrost is what I have too. Doesn't look quite as nice as the standard Arc cards, but been happy with it so far.
Much prefer the look of the Bifrost

Last edited:
Soldato
You can get a A770 for £260 but its only the 8gb version. I think around £250 for the 16gb version would be about right as agree it is a touch too expensive.

Saying that i have been very impressed with the one i fitted, stable as a rock, no coil whine and good performance.

Associate
I think because in a review about the 7600XT it just doesn't stack up well in cost per frame. They have included it, they always do, which is more than can be said for a lot of others...

Its too expensive. Even the 4060 is better value, much better.

oHL1z4k.jpeg

That's MSRP, it's actually better value if you look at the typical Newegg pricing which is literally the next slide in the video...

I'm not saying it couldn't be cheaper, just that at $300 it offers better cost per frame than the 7600 XT.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Super-cheap 1440p gaming rig build featuring the Ryzen 5600 and the Arc A750:

Of particular interest is that he comments on and demonstrates the benefits of having ReBAR on.

Soldato

Intel said:
GAMING HIGHLIGHTS:

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:

• Helldivers 2*
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden*
  • Skull & Bones*
Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Core™ Ultra with Intel® Arc™ Graphics for:

• Helldivers 2*
  • Skull & Bones*
Game performance improvements on Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics Products versus Intel® 31.0.101.5186 software driver for:

• Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden* (DX12)
    • Up to 4% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Very High settings
  • Palworld* (DX11)
    • Up to 5% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Epic settings
  • Snowrunner* (DX11)
    • Up to 71% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings

They did say they were working on Snowrunner, and I'm happy to see the numbers posted. I found it was playable, but did have the dreaded stutter. Will test the new driver out tomorrow.
I'm not sure about Palworld stuff, as I've been running it with the DX12 option since launch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can any Bifrost A770 owners comment on the fan noise at idle?

A number of reviews on launch said this was pretty loud but I'm presuming intel may have sorted this out in the last year.

Soldato
Can any Bifrost A770 owners comment on the fan noise at idle?

A number of reviews on launch said this was pretty loud but I'm presuming intel may have sorted this out in the last year.
I have mine in a very small matx case on my desk right next to meh. When it's just sitting on the desktop I don't notice it.
I definitely notice it when it's got decent load on it, but normally I'd have headphones on.

I'd also seen the fan concerns, but I think I saw that the fix was done through the Acer software. Make sure and install it if you buy one.

Soldato
OP
Video cards tested from a creator's perspective.

TLDW: The A770 performs really rather well. and he's going to retest it in the near future because the new version of Premier Pro (v24) better supports Arc's GPU acceleration. He also praises Intel's driver team for their continual improvements.

Back
Top Bottom