The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Caporegime
Uncharted 2 - 9/10

Still great fun even though it’s crying out for a makeover like The Last of Us. The textures really look bad these days. Can’t say there were any bits in it that I totally disliked.

Associate
Assassins Creed Mirage - 8/10

A welcome return to the stealth gameplay that was a hallmark of the franchise when it first began. Game length is just about right ; none of the bloat of the previous 2 games. Some technical issues ( crashed twice, and appears to have a memory leak which degrades performance after 2hrs + ). Overall, very good but not a masterpiece.

Associate
Same Here.

Started with RE2 remake on gamepass recently. Loved playing that so much I wanted to play it again so bought the Racoon City edition and played through RE3 remake the other week. Not quite as great but it continued the story.

So then Resident Evil 4 remake was bought and just how crazy good was that game? The DLC was even better and now I can't wait for a RE5 Remake.

Can't say the same for RE7 though (I tend to get kinda hooked on things so had to have a look)

It's just horrible in comparison. Really dated looking and the gross out gameplay is really clunky and soooo.slow.

RE5 remake though?

Bring it on.

Soldato
OP
Same Here.

Started with RE2 remake on gamepass recently. Loved playing that so much I wanted to play it again so bought the Racoon City edition and played through RE3 remake the other week. Not quite as great but it continued the story.

So then Resident Evil 4 remake was bought and just how crazy good was that game? The DLC was even better and now I can't wait for a RE5 Remake.

Can't say the same for RE7 though (I tend to get kinda hooked on things so had to have a look)

It's just horrible in comparison. Really dated looking and the gross out gameplay is really clunky and soooo.slow.

RE5 remake though?

Bring it on.
Surprised you didn’t like RE7 as that’s what started capcom on finally getting the series back on track. I thought it was great myself and Village

The remakes have all been superb though. Personally no interest in 5 being re done it wasn’t great originally and 6 is up there with one of worse game ruining franchises ever

Give us a Code Veronica remake please!

Last edited:
Soldato
Surprised you didn’t like RE7 as that’s what started capcom on finally getting the series back on track. I thought it was great myself and Village

The remakes have all been superb though. Personally no interest in 5 being re done it wasn’t great originally and 6 is up there with one of worse game ruining franchises ever

Give us a Code Veronica remake please!
I really enjoyed 6 :D

Caporegime
Tried 5 recently and it is awful. Yeah Code Veronica would be awesome. 2, 3 and 4 remakes have been brilliant. They need to man up and do a full remake of 1!

Definitely the original needs redoing. I tried playing it the other day and it felt janky as hell. CBA playing after 30 minutes wandering around aimlessly trying to find things. And the stupid typewriter save thing needs to go. You should get autosave checkpoints when you pass through any door.

Last edited:
Associate
I forgot to add the rating. RE2 Remake - 9/10, RE3 Remake 8/10 (a bit short) RE4 Remake 10/10 - one of the best games I've ever played.

Capcom are really onto something with that new engine. Great gaming.

BTW. I've persevered with RE7 and the gameplay is drawing me in. The initial shock of having my hand and foot chopped off in the early stages (only to be repaired with a medikit - wtf?) has worn off a bit.

Still looks a bit pants compared to the recent remakes though (Series X - LG55 OLED)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom