The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Don
OP
I've seen a lot of comments on this on twitter and seems as if people only read headlines and not what Klopp actually said:
"There is no real timescale on it, but it is a proper muscle injury," Klopp said. "Different players recover differently. That is it pretty much. It is not a short one.

"It is not that he will be in contention for next week or something like that. We have to wait a few more weeks, definitely, for him. He is working in the gym, not on the pitch, it is a rather serious one but not a season-ending injury."
Lijnders already confirmed that he's out until after the internationals - our next game after then is approx 4 weeks away so I doubt he'll miss many (if any) games after then.

Soldato
Let's hope it's better than your Trent, Dom and Salah predictions from the start of January eh. I'm not holding my breath tho

Last edited:
Don
OP
Injury update from Klopp in his press-conference. Konate probably won't be back for Sunday but it'll be tight, Gravenberch is back, Jones could be back from Brighton after the internationals with Trent & Jota a week later. I don't want to temp fate as he's been almost back every month since September but Bajcetic hopefully isn't far away too - Klopp said he's doing his own pre-season at the moment and will join full training after the internationals.

Caporegime
Don
OP
Going the old City route I see.
I don't think it'll be quite like City with multiple clubs dotted around the world. I suspect it'll be one club, whether that's a smaller club in Europe that they'll use as a finishing school for players before moving on to Liverpool if and when they're ready or whether they look somewhere like Brazil for greater access to that market. The latter had been rumoured a year or so back with some reports suggesting FSG tried to buy a Brazilian side.

Man of Honour
Chelsea's statement read: 'Midfielder Romeo Lavia is to unfortunately miss the remainder of our 2023-24 campaign following a setback in his recovery.

'Recent medical assessments have confirmed that Lavia, who sustained a significant thigh injury against Crystal Palace back in December, will not feature again this season.'

Looks like we dodged a bullet with that one

Soldato
Little injury update from the pre match presser, Curtis/Ibou and Nunez all expected to take part against Brighton.

Ali/Trent and Jota a good 2 - 3 odd weeks away give or take to no one's surprise.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Little injury update from the pre match presser, Curtis/Ibou and Nunez all expected to take part against Brighton.

Ali/Trent and Jota a good 2 - 3 odd weeks away give or take to no one's surprise.
Dang, I had hoped that Jota was on the brink of returning. Could use his clinical finishing right now

Back
Top Bottom