The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Don
OP
You are being awkward and now you are suggesting that either I or someone else are lying.

I've just had a call to confirm what I said in the 1st post on the subject but I'm not willing to share anymore of the contents. If you have a contact at the club, which I am assuming you do as I would be surprised if you threw lying shouts out at the proviso of an article on the site. I suggest you float my first post by them.
To be crystal clear, yes I am saying you or whoever has given you this information is lying. What you claimed is simply untrue and I suspect what's happened here is you've mistaken the production company for the broadcaster and tried to add your own spin on the story for internet points. Sadly it's gone spectacularly wrong and you've now started digging. Although I can appreciate this is awkward for you, I'm not being awkward, just stating facts.

I don't need a contact to say the above. If the series had been sold to a broadcaster then the club would have announced it and if it was close to being sold then they would have delayed the announcement to coincide with that deal. And although I don't have contacts at the club, the Business of Footballer writer for the Liverpool Echo does and he has stated on twitter that the club are keeping their powder dry in regards to selling the series, hoping to drive up interest and commented that they may even keep it for themselves.

Now obviously if you can prove your claims or even if the club does not sell the rights to a major broadcaster (you've told us they rejected them) or keep it for themselves then I'll happily apologise. I think we all know you won't do the former and this series is guaranteed to end up either on a major platform or being broadcast directly by the club though.

Associate
To be crystal clear, yes I am saying you or whoever has given you this information is lying. What you claimed is simply untrue and I suspect what's happened here is you've mistaken the production company for the broadcaster and tried to add your own spin on the story for internet points. Sadly it's gone spectacularly wrong and you've now started digging. Although I can appreciate this is awkward for you, I'm not being awkward, just stating facts.

I don't need a contact to say the above. If the series had been sold to a broadcaster then the club would have announced it and if it was close to being sold then they would have delayed the announcement to coincide with that deal. And although I don't have contacts at the club, the Business of Footballer writer for the Liverpool Echo does and he has stated on twitter that the club are keeping their powder dry in regards to selling the series, hoping to drive up interest and commented that they may even keep it for themselves.

Now obviously if you can prove your claims or even if the club does not sell the rights to a major broadcaster (you've told us they rejected them) or keep it for themselves then I'll happily apologise. I think we all know you won't do the former and this series is guaranteed to end up either on a major platform or being broadcast directly by the club though.
Oh so the Echo writer on twitter has said something and it must be correct.

I'm 100% on this BTW.

I think I'm not bothered about Internet points so therefore I should bow out here although the Internet points are calling me.

Don
OP
He's our best midfielder. He can play as our 6 or in Jones' role on the left and his experience will be huge for us later in the season if things start to get nervy. Because if his injuries you can't rely on him and have to treat him as a bonus player but he's some bonus.

In other, more sad news, there's reports coming out of Ireland that Conor Bradley's father passed away this morning. From what I understand he has been unwell for sometime. While its no doubt devastating for Conor, I'm glad his Dad got to see him break into the side and put on that performance midweek.

Don
OP
Reports coming out of Portugal suggesting Jota's going to be out for 2 months. Both a huge blow and a relief at the same time. He's such an underrated player, always scoring important goals and has been huge for us in the last 6-7 weeks since Salah's been out so to lose him for most of the rest of the season is gutting but 2 months realistically was the best we could hope for. He's always been a player that just slots straight back into the side and is firing from day one whenever he's been out injured before - hopefully we've still got lots to play for by the time he's back and he's still got a few more important goals left in him this season.

Don
Reports coming out of Portugal suggesting Jota's going to be out for 2 months. Both a huge blow and a relief at the same time. He's such an underrated player, always scoring important goals and has been huge for us in the last 6-7 weeks since Salah's been out so to lose him for most of the rest of the season is gutting but 2 months realistically was the best we could hope for. He's always been a player that just slots straight back into the side and is firing from day one whenever he's been out injured before - hopefully we've still got lots to play for by the time he's back and he's still got a few more important goals left in him this season.
was expecting worse

Soldato
So that’s Jota, Alisson and Trent all injured atm. Doesn’t bode too well for Pool.
And the rest, we've got arguably 4 or 5 starters definitely out with question marks over nunez and possibly salah. I'd bin off the fa cup personally, we might be able to squeak through the EL tie end of march whilst getting players back even then I think 'weakened' teams are the way forward in that competition. I'm just waiting on injuries to Konate and Gomez in the next few games..

Don
OP
I'm sure I said something similar mid January but if we can get through the next couple of weeks then things should start to improve. Only Jota (as well as Thiago, Bajcetic & Matip) appear long term. Last week Klopp said Szobo was due back around the time of the League Cup Final (not that I can see him being risked for that) and Trent was around a week after. Hopefully Alisson will be back by the City game if not sooner. Jones is a bit of an unknown but Klopp didn't couple him in with Jota in the 'months' category so I guess latest he's back after the International break.

Back
Top Bottom