The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Dont see Nunez going yet, Salah if right offer money wise comes in will go I think.

Were also allot more likely to get a big money offer in for Salah over Nunez

Man of Honour
Dont see Nunez going yet, Salah if right offer money wise comes in will go I think.

Were also allot more likely to get a big money offer in for Salah over Nunez
I think the issue Nunez might have (IF what I've read is true) is that it was supposedly Klopp rather than Liverpool that wanted him. Apparently he was very much a Klopp signing, if it turns out thats true and Klopp is now gone and the people who call the shots are now looking at him thinking , well I/we didnt want him anyway, he might find himself higher on the for sale list. Unless Slot particularly wants to keep him of course.

Soldato
I think the issue Nunez might have (IF what I've read is true) is that it was supposedly Klopp rather than Liverpool that wanted him. Apparently he was very much a Klopp signing, if it turns out thats true and Klopp is now gone and the people who call the shots are now looking at him thinking , well I/we didnt want him anyway, he might find himself higher on the for sale list. Unless Slot particularly wants to keep him of course.
Im still torn on Nunez, I suspect Slot will give him a chance myself.

What Nunez does is cause chaos he does occupy defenders and is a threat but he does miss far too many at the same time. He has improved from his first season with us, so if that continues on basis he is given a chance then he may also improve his goal return. This is all just a theory mind. If he gets next season and no sign in finishing improving thats when i think it will be over for him. We wont however get back what was paid at that point or even now mind.

Soldato
We would be absolutely insane to get rid of a fella who has 31 G/A in a season tbh especially considering he hasnt started that many league games.

Soldato
I don’t want him to go I’m just torn on him long term atm due to what he misses

I love everything else he does.

Much prefer him to Gakpo.

Diaz-Jota-Salah is what I bet would give us the most goals of Jota could stay fit.

If not Nunez takes Jota place

Soldato
I don’t want him to go I’m just torn on him long term atm due to what he misses

I love everything else he does.

Much prefer him to Gakpo.

Diaz-Jota-Salah is what I bet would give us the most goals of Jota could stay fit.

If not Nunez takes Jota place
Nunez and Gakpo are completely different players and both have good qualities. I wouldnt sell either.

If anyone goes imo its Diaz

Man of Honour
It will depend largely upon who Slot wants in his front line, he may well come in with a specific transfer signing that he wants to be in the team scoring goals. I doubt he will want to be seen as winning but winning with Klopps team, he'll want to put his own stamp on it.

Soldato
Actually agree with this from Heaton, largely felt a too manufactured which was the antithesis of the klopp era, I understand why the club did it but was a bit cheesey and over the top for me. Wouldnt surprise me if klopp felt the same.

I mean hes from the same podcast that is happy to cash in on it in the past week so whilst i kind of agree with him, its a bit rich coming from TAW.

Soldato
I mean hes from the same podcast that is happy to cash in on it in the past week so whilst i kind of agree with him, its a bit rich coming from TAW.
True, but fan stuff is either a totally negative spin on things or a totally positive spin on things - TAW fall into the positive side of things. Besides, there's been a saccharine overload with Klopp leaving from fan channels as that's where the clicks are, and as i said i understand why the club went ott with certain aspects as that's just the social media business these days. Small example of what i mean is the hoodie **** with 'I'll never walk alone again' on the back that the staff who were leaving where wearing, cringey.

Caporegime
The only odd thing was when they had each of them come out individually and pose next to John Henry with the framed picture of the trophy history.

Leaving ceremonies like this are always going to feel staged and Klopp isn't someone who enjoys all the praise, or even most of it.

What it did show is that the man is still an absolute leader right up to the last minute.

Last edited:
Associate
Couldn't watch the match or the follow on stuff, which I think was a blessing as it's going to be a tough watch.

I managed to see Jurgen when he took over and was at the Dortmund game which was phenomenal. Best thing to happen to Liverpool and I just hope we don't slip into how Man Utd have been since Fergie left.

Danke Jurgen.

Caporegime
kesvV2V.png

Soldato
I think all things considered we've had a good season. With all the change last year I would have ripped your arm off for top 3.

Nunez is an interesting challenge. I think he has moments of looking excellent. We were spoiled with just how good our front line was with Mane, Salah and Firmino all at their peak for several years. In my head we are still rebuilding. It should be interesting to see what Slot brings to the table with tactics.

Man of Honour
I dont really know what to do with Nunez, I like his chaotic nature but his finishing is so wild and erratic. IF he was young, like 20 or 21 , then I would hold out hope that his finishing will become more clinical with time but he is 25 next month, he isnt a young player now which makes me feel that how he is now is how he will always be. Truth be told, he doesnt excite me as a striker as much as the idea of Danns does, plus Danns is young enough to be mouldable.

On the subject of front lines, if there is any truth to the Barca rumours for Diaz, then we should let him go, Diaz isnt quite providing what we want from the left, let him go and buy Summerville from Leeds , who can be had pretty cheap, to take his place on the left.

In an ideal world I'd also like Wirtz (not likely possible) and Koopmeiners (quite likely possible) and at the back I'd like Geertruida because of his versatility as he can play across the entire back line.

Back
Top Bottom