The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Looks like a great blank canvas to a large extent!

Yup, easy to live in and can just add our stamp to it.
Is that carpet in the en-suites? Very retro :D
Haha oh yes! My youngest loves the idea as his feet would be warm, i can't think of anything worse. On the list of things we would be aiming to replace early doors
right gimme a few weeks and i'll gazump :)

:) The way my luck can be somethines likely to go wrong a little wrong on either buying or selling

Associate
@nst68 omg you paid for it didn't you
OZ7oleb.gif

Soldato
Exchanged on Friday, with completion planned for next Friday!! Lots of packing now ongoing!

This has to be one of the quickest moves I’ve ever heard of! We accepted an offer on our place on 17th Jan and then had our offer accepted on our new place 25th Jan. About 6-7 weeks in total, unreal.

Last edited:
Associate
Went to look at one place that looked great online, in real life it was not so. Great room sizes upstairs but downstairs too small.
Now we have decided to go for properties on top of our budget, we will make enquiries about one house that's really nice..... hopefully room for negotiation as been on the market since April.

Associate
why lol it shouldn't be you footing the bill if the buyer wanted a survey :/

Ouch, that's a lesson learnt - sounds like your house price just went up by the cost of the survey.

All that matters is to get the new house we want, if it means spending more money then so be it, plus we’re in the lucky position that the new house is less than this one.

Associate
All that matters is to get the new house we want, if it means spending more money then so be it, plus we’re in the lucky position that the new house is less than this one.
I wouldn't have paid for this, but sometimes it's worth paying a bit to just keep things moving.
The way people wrangle over a few hundred quid here or there when delays & sunk costs are where the £ are lost seems odd to me.
If things don't go well with this buyer, at least it's your survey and the next buyer can save time on it.if they have similar concerns.

My move last year cost us quite a bit more than expected when we first offered. Any similar houses were more expensive & still needed an extension so we saved nearly 10x those extra costs by securing this and proceeding quickly. For our situation it was sensible to take some of the hit.

Soldato
Isn't the question in Furness ... can you see the sea - some of those internal wall colours and furniture - I thought they had better taste up North

---
reviewing these cowboys report - my conveyancer's choice with my money
- they could just list the developments/turbines/solar rather than upselling .. now looking at cambridge council planning applications site
- Need to check but I thought these companies indemnified contaminated land check , but they don't seem to make that obvious.

53578441422_e545bc2041_o_d.jpg

Associate
Got the asbestos report, as expected there is white asbestos in the artex and garage roof.

HsKFEPe.png

We had one 4 and the rest was 2's and 3's.

Estate agent is sending the report to the buyer, telling him he's got till Friday to confirm he's going ahead at the agreed price or we put it back on the market.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
Anyone had a situation where the buyer/seller chain breaks down after exchanging contracts, if so how did it work out? My mum was supposed to be moving near us (moving-in day was today), yesterday evening less than 24 hours before she was due to get the keys we got a call from the solicitor saying the house the seller was moving to the same day had fallen through, the person they were buying from decided last second to not sell the house.

The seller up the chain who pulled out is in breach of contract (?) and has to pay some form of compensation unless they keep to their side of the contract but none of the solicitors can seem to agree exactly what happens next because it's an uncommon situation for such a late fall through. Said seller lives in London and the house they were selling is only their holiday home so presumably they’re the sort of seller who aren't bothered about the cost of any potential compensation they may/may not be liable for.

Person my mum was selling to is supposed to get compensation from us, we have to get it from the next seller who has to get it from the person who pulled out. Whole thing's a mess, everyone has their houses packed up in storage, cancelled utilities, removal vans, etc. and now it looks like no-one is moving anywhere.
Nearly two months on from this and it all worked out in the end after a lot of stress, she picked up the keys today. We were just going to forget it all but the person whose house she was buying decided to sue the other seller (2nd home owner) who breached the contract and in the end they just went through with the sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nearly two months on from this and it all worked out in the end after a lot of stress, she picked up the keys today. We were just going to forget it all but the person whose house she was buying decided to sue the other seller (2nd home owner) who breached the contract and in the end they just went through with the sale.

Glad to hear, at least the legal action was down the chain from her. I hope she enjoys her new house. Babysitter confirmed stop :D

Associate
Got the asbestos report, as expected there is white asbestos in the artex and garage roof.

HsKFEPe.png

We had one 4 and the rest was 2's and 3's.

Estate agent is sending the report to the buyer, telling him he's got till Friday to confirm he's going ahead at the agreed price or we put it back on the market.

Well, the buyer's looked at the report and deceided to pull out :mad:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If they pull out at that they'll pull out at anything. Count this as a blessing to get a more serious buyer.
@nst68 this

if the buyer is looking for anything 25-60 years old they'll be faced with the same issue
them pulling out is probably a blessing in disguise...they sound like a PITA to deal with esp later down the line

Associate
If they pull out at that they'll pull out at anything. Count this as a blessing to get a more serious buyer.

@nst68 this

if the buyer is looking for anything 25-60 years old they'll be faced with the same issue
them pulling out is probably a blessing in disguise...they sound like a PITA to deal with esp later down the line

Yep I know.

I'm cheesed off because the window for us to customize the new house is rapdily closing and we really wanted to spec things like the kitchen and electrical sockets.

Soldato
Went to view a house today as it looked suitable from the few photos there were online but they didn't show it in much detail. Turned up, estate agent didn't have a clue about the house nor did she show any interest in selling it. Current tenants were in there and the place was disgusting. Cigarettes everywhere, place stunk of smoke. Bathroom was filthy. I know you need to look past that kind of thing but it put us off immediately. So may it continue..

Associate
PB are the scummiest of scum out there. Would never deal with them again!

My house purchase seems to be in "enquiries" limbo! Weeks and weeks of it! Email is instant, yet it takes a week to reply...then they don't fully reply! So it continues...Annoying!

Back
Top Bottom