The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Associate
Not sure how many of you, hopefully not many at all saw the horrible trolling on twitter by a so called fellow supporter aimed at currently one of our influential player and his partner.

If you didn’t see it, thankfully it’s been taken offline now, but that kind of stuff is not football related and will get you a good kicking if said out load in real life.

I don’t understand how a “fan” could dedicate themselves into trolling any particular member of the squad.. it’s like they want to affect the mental state of that player.

This amongst many other reasons is why Twitter should be avoided by all. I've no idea what you're referring to. Was it the yellow box stuff (arsenalmania) about a certain players legal situation?

Soldato
This amongst many other reasons is why Twitter should be avoided by all. I've no idea what you're referring to. Was it the yellow box stuff (arsenalmania) about a certain players legal situation?

Nope, nothing about that legal situation. a fellow "gooner" decided to post a picture of a players gf and mock her... it had quite some trackson from both female and male gooners attacking the poster back until it got removed and their account was suspended.

Soldato
Not sure how many of you, hopefully not many at all saw the horrible trolling on twitter by a so called fellow supporter aimed at currently one of our influential player and his partner.

If you didn’t see it, thankfully it’s been taken offline now, but that kind of stuff is not football related and will get you a good kicking if said out load in real life.

I don’t understand how a “fan” could dedicate themselves into trolling any particular member of the squad.. it’s like they want to affect the mental state of that player.
Is this year old allegations that made traction online? I mean its done the rounds hasnt it so wheres the "good kicking"?

Associate
Nope, nothing about that legal situation. a fellow "gooner" decided to post a picture of a players gf and mock her... it had quite some trackson from both female and male gooners attacking the poster back until it got removed and their account was suspended.

Oh well, nothing a supporter should be even talking about and sounds totally toxic. Plenty of abusive people all over the webz though

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Be interesting to see how he gets used moving forwards, White seems to have RB locked down so will he just be a backup player or would Arteta see him starting at LB ahead of Tierney and Zinchenko.

Associate
Be interesting to see how he gets used moving forwards, White seems to have RB locked down so will he just be a backup player or would Arteta see him starting at LB ahead of Tierney and Zinchenko.

In bigger games with elite wingers he's much better defensively than Zinchenko. As seen when he marked Mo Salah out of a game last season. White is meant to be carrying a knee injury so Tommy rotating with him may make sense.

Tierney is on loan and I can't see him coming back.

Soldato
Him and Kiwior are better left backs than Zinchenko, he's good when we are playing bottom half teams but other than that he's generally a bit of a liability.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think Tommy is first choice anything, but his ability to play RB/LB/CB to a high standard means he's very good at taking minutes for the starters when we need to rotate. And as ANDREW GREEN says, he's better if we need some reassurance at the back, especially if it frees up Martinelli and Ben White to advance more so we can really punish teams on the wing. Only worry is that he's not been able to stay fit for any decent length of time.

Soldato
How is everyone getting on with tickets? I've applied in the silver ballot for me and the wife for every home game so far and have been successful 10 times. The latest one being the Bayern game which should have the best atmosphere to date, cannot wait for it. Just have to decide whether to drive or stay and make a night of it.

Man of Honour
Awful these days. I've been a red member for over 15 years and still waiting to be offered silver, getting beyond a joke now. I've got a horrible feeling maybe when I signed up to the season ticket waiting list maybe I got removed from the queue for silver or something, which would be ridiculous and never stated but wouldn't put it past them.
Only game I've been to this season was Lens, I won the ballot to take my son to his first game vs Chelsea, but that's been rescheduled to a midweek 8pm kickoff during term time so he can't go.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Awful these days. I've been a red member for over 15 years and still waiting to be offered silver, getting beyond a joke now. I've got a horrible feeling maybe when I signed up to the season ticket waiting list maybe I got removed from the queue for silver or something, which would be ridiculous and never stated but wouldn't put it past them.
Only game I've been to this season was Lens, I won the ballot to take my son to his first game vs Chelsea, but that's been rescheduled to a midweek 8pm kickoff during term time so he can't go.
How long you been on the season ticket waiting list?

Soldato
15 years seems too long to me. My wife is due silver next year (my son just turned silver and their numbers are very close) and only been on the waiting list since 2012.

Man of Honour
How long you been on the season ticket waiting list?
Haven't been on season ticket waiting list that long, I guess 5 years maybe (would've been before the pandemic). I can actually see my position in the queue on the website for that iirc, unlike Silver.
15 years seems too long to me. My wife is due silver next year (my son just turned silver and their numbers are very close) and only been on the waiting list since 2012.
Was your son a Junior member though? I think they jump the queue and get upgraded to silver when they get too old to be a junior or something.

Soldato
Haven't been on season ticket waiting list that long, I guess 5 years maybe (would've been before the pandemic). I can actually see my position in the queue on the website for that iirc, unlike Silver.

Was your son a Junior member though? I think they jump the queue and get upgraded to silver when they get too old to be a junior or something.
He was junior then canon but the person I spoke to on the phone from Arsenal said that junior gunners just join the silver queue based on when their membership started.

Associate
Realistically thats probably it for us this season, not having that out and out striker I believe has been the difference between silverware and nothing, they did well but just had no plan B and lost that cutting edge. Not enough options off the bench. There is no point keeping Viera, Nelson, Nketiah, possibly Smith-Rowe, as none of them get any real time and hardly get used even when the 1st eleven are struggling. Would still prefer Ramsdale to Raul but that won't happen so may as well sell Ramsdale for funds as well. With a decent transfer window though next season has every reason to be positive about.

Back
Top Bottom