• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Man of Honour
Nice scores Kaap. Why DX11 only?

I came within an ace of blowing up my 4930k trying to run Mantle at 4K and that was only @4.0ghz.

The VRAM memory problem with Mantle causes massive instability and thrashes the living daylights out of CPUs, fortunately it is not so bad on BF4.

I did do a couple of Mantle runs in between loads of crashes and will post them later. The two card run was worse than DX11 and the three card run was a bit better. I decided to give up when my CPU and PC powered off with the 4930k @4.0ghz and using 1.4v, even this was not enough to keep things stable.:eek:

Caporegime
I came within an ace of blowing up my 4930k trying to run Mantle at 4K and that was only @4.0ghz.

The VRAM memory problem with Mantle causes massive instability and thrashes the living daylights out of CPUs, fortunately it is not so bad on BF4.

I did do a couple of Mantle runs in between loads of crashes and will post them later. The two card run was worse than DX11 and the three card run was a bit better. I decided to give up when my CPU and PC powered off with the 4930k @4.0ghz and using 1.4v, even this was not enough to keep things stable.:eek:

Wow!!

Caporegime
OP

Probably because with Mantle its pushing all the CPU threads instead of just a few like in DX.

Man of Honour
Just run these to show memory usage @4K on 4 cards with DX11 and Mantle.

DX11
TrMnSIQ.jpg
Total used 16gb, pretty close but ok.

Mantle
ssH7smK.jpg
Total used 18gb, not so good and I think the problem is the dynamic memory being swapped out.

Back
Top Bottom