The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Associate
that's what happened to me. Samsung wouldn't budge in refunds despite the gift being 'lost' and in my case was being delivered to a wrong place.
I said it's no fault of the customer that DPD messed up. They are still adamant that no gift = no refunds and they don't even give suggestions in resolving the issue. I could however get a replacement instead which I rather not.
It's exasperating going and back forth with different samsung employees all the time.

Permabanned
Everyone at samsung chat is incompetent I spoke to stephen and mina and they are rude , probably on drugs tbh.
They talk abosulute rubbish then go offline, etc.
All I wanted to find out was when the update would arrive.Ridiculous.

Associate
I rang the uk complaints department and they didn’t even have a record of my order or who I was using my email and postcode. I asked what am I supposed to do if you can’t even help me. His reply was “I don’t know”. I asked if there’s anyone else that can help me. He said “no”. What chance have we got.

Associate
Well its not up to Tim to release the firmware, that would be upto Samsung.

I guess all Tim did was give an insight on when Samsung told him it would be released, whether Samsung keep their word or not, is another question.

Permabanned
Well its not up to Tim to release the firmware, that would be upto Samsung.

I guess all Tim did was give an insight on when Samsung told him it would be released, whether Samsung keep their word or not, is another question.

Strange last week a samsung rep told me the fm update would be october. I dont know ehere Tim got his resources from but its apparant now that its false.Really dissapointed with samsung tbh, I have never received a bad product from them until now.

Associate
Strange last week a samsung rep told me the fm update would be october. I dont know ehere Tim got his resources from but its apparant now that its false.Really dissapointed with samsung tbh, I have never received a bad product from them until now.

He can only report what’s he’s been told. Samsung support are full of bs. If there was something else that had mini led in the super ultrawide form no would buy Samsung.

Associate
He can only report what’s he’s been told. Samsung support are full of bs. If there was something else that had mini led in the super ultrawide form no would buy Samsung.

Well Samsung make their own VA panels, and they are actually the fastest VA panels on the market, by a long shot.

So if anyone else made super ultrawide miniLED, you better hope they use an IPS panel, because all other manufacturer's VA panels are slow as hell at this stage.

Associate
well initial impressions are good, HDR dynamic doesn't appear as awful as before......

No idea with gaming though, I'll let others test that out as I'm barely gaming these days.

Permabanned
Ok so HDR is quite a bit better in games but no where near those 2000+ nits i saw when shuffling through menus in games.
Im hoping this will be properly resolved in near future, but at least a step in the right direction.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Looking forward to hearing what changes have been made. Sustained brightness of 850 nits seems like a good number, with it reaching 2000 for HDR content

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I got a question for you Neo G9 owners... I assume you can still play a game using half the screen at 240hz? As in, just using half the screen at 16:9 27" form, you can play a game at 240hz and still use the other half for multitasking? I ask because obviously not all games suit the full 32:9 form, so some games id still like to have the regular 27" form for, or maybe even 21:9 form without losing any refresh speed

Associate
Pretty sure picture by picture couldn't go up to 240, but you can still set games to your desired ratio and just let it play in the center at 240 with black bars on the sides.

Back
Top Bottom