The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Pretty sure picture by picture couldn't go up to 240, but you can still set games to your desired ratio and just let it play in the center at 240 with black bars on the sides.

But this isn't picture by picture as its not 2 different devices. Its just 1 device, but just splitting the screen up into 2 by using fanzyzones for example... You're telling me I cant do that and get 240hz?

Associate
But this isn't picture by picture as its not 2 different devices. Its just 1 device, but just splitting the screen up into 2 by using fanzyzones for example... You're telling me I cant do that and get 240hz?

Ah, not sure! Would check but mine's gone back now ;)

Associate
Anyone know if there's an easy way to switch between a computer on displayport and another on PBP on HDMI1&2?

Just my old work laptop doesn't support 5120x1440, so using 2x HDMI @1440p (one over a usb c hub), but it's a PITA to switch between my desktop and laptop. I have to disable/enable PBP every time.

Associate
Great improvement to HDR with new firmware.

Finally!

Now just need to amp up the brightness a little more. Be interesting to know what the sustained brightness is at now.

Permabanned
Spoke to a samsung rep today they have stated they will try to resolve the peak brightness in the next firmware update.If we work together i think we can get this monitor running as it should!

Associate
Installed 1007.3 but I still have no clue how to enable HDR. I tried switching it on in Windows and it made the desktop look washed out so I turned that off again. Presumably none of the games I have played recently use HDR.

Associate
Installed 1007.3 but I still have no clue how to enable HDR. I tried switching it on in Windows and it made the desktop look washed out so I turned that off again. Presumably none of the games I have played recently use HDR.
what games are you playing I’ve noticed a great improvement in my games with hdr. Windows always look washed out when enable hdr. The games I play auto switch to hdr.

Associate
The games I play auto switch to hdr.
Thanks for that. It seems that none of the games I played so far support it! I'm just about to play Hitman and straight away HDR turned on. There seems to be a prologue/training on a beach with the sun low in the sky. Looks good to me, but to be honest I don't have any particular expectations.

Associate
Thanks for that. It seems that none of the games I played so far support it! I'm just about to play Hitman and straight away HDR turned on. There seems to be a prologue/training on a beach with the sun low in the sky. Looks good to me, but to be honest I don't have any particular expectations.
Have you tried dynamic mode? Looks spectacular in some games.

Associate
Just picked this up, my picture mode is always set to Custom? Cant change it a lot of the settings are greyed out? Using a DP connection.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Anyone got an answer for me regarding the split screen mode still working at 240hz?

Not PBP that uses 2 different machines, but just using fancyzones on 1 pc to split the screen into 2 27" screens and gaming on one side. Im hoping you can still run 240hz whilst just in 27" mode

Associate
I run fancyzones. It just allows automatic resizing and placement of applications according to the template that you create. If that template is just 2 zone side by side then all that will happen is that windowed applications will be resized to exactly half the screen. Any game running full screen will use the whole screen.

Back
Top Bottom