The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
I appreciate that and it's not a hard rule (although no chat is allowed pre MOTD) however it's tidier if match chat goes in the match threads rather than the same game potentially being discussed in 3 different threads. One of the best parts of our football forum is that we're a mix of supporters of different sides and rather than having just Newcastle supporters in here discussing how good Dan Burn's performance was, Utd fans doing the same in their thread etc, discussions in matchday threads encourage a bit more debate from all sets of supporters. This was actually one of the reasons why club threads were originally banned.
Fair enough :)

Soldato
Not quite, goal every 156 minutes in the eredivsie with most of them coming off the bench.

Just gotta hope he's actually decent and not another Antony :p

Soldato
With CL done this season feels like it going out with a whimper
Get yourself along to the Women's games! They're flying. :D. Managed to get a seat in the Bobby Robson Suite\Directors Box for Sunday's game for £40. 22,307 there to watch a Women's League Cup game. Last minute winner too!

Associate
Get yourself along to the Women's games! They're flying. :D. Managed to get a seat in the Bobby Robson Suite\Directors Box for Sunday's game for £40. 22,307 there to watch a Women's League Cup game. Last minute winner too!
Genuinely would be unfortunately currently living 300 miles away!

Soldato
Genuinely would be unfortunately currently living 300 miles away!
Me and the wife are debating going to the final but it's at Kenilworth Road of all places. Absolute chew on to get to from Newcastle and only holds 11,500.........

Absolute lol at the state of our luck in cup draws this season too..............

Last edited:
Associate
Me and the wife are debating going to the final but it's at Kenilworth Road of all places. Absolute chew on to get to from Newcastle and only holds 11,500.........

Absolute lol at the state of our luck in cup draws this season too..............
Don't get me started on that. Winning the pen shoot out suddenly less of a boon.

Soldato
Anyone else feeling the trippier injury maybe a small blessing in disguise?

There is no denying he is a great leader for us, but I generally think he looked tired and maybe needed a mental rest with what was going on behind the scenes. Secondly I think we need to be giving Tino much more game time, especially as he's effectively Trips replacement long term.

Associate
Anyone else feeling the trippier injury maybe a small blessing in disguise?

There is no denying he is a great leader for us, but I generally think he looked tired and maybe needed a mental rest with what was going on behind the scenes. Secondly I think we need to be giving Tino much more game time, especially as he's effectively Trips replacement long term.
Blessing is a strong word. I'd rather have the option to rotate/rest of our own accord rather than forced upon us.

Soldato
Any word on the lay off? More game time for Tino is a big plus, I think there is a right player in there. Still only 21. No minutes for Hall again.
I really think there could be looking at properly shafting Chelsea with Hall, if he doesn’t make the criteria he returns to Chelsea and they would have to remove £32m from last years accounts, possibly meaning they fail FFP. Someone was mentioning that if he plays under a certain percentage of games it means he becomes an academy player which has a different effect on FFP, I can’t see how that’s true though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really think there could be looking at properly shafting Chelsea with Hall, if he doesn’t make the criteria he returns to Chelsea and they would have to remove £32m from last years accounts, possibly meaning they fail FFP. Someone was mentioning that if he plays under a certain percentage of games it means he becomes an academy player which has a different effect on FFP, I can’t see how that’s true though.
A quick google suggests the terms are met and hes set to sign permanently?

Back
Top Bottom