The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Rumours Gordon is out for 4 months

I know some of our injuries this season have been freak accidents, and the players who haven't had knocks have been run into the ground due to our lack of depth, but you really have to ask whether they're doing something wrong with training and recovery to have this many injuries.

It's not sustainable and I hope they sort it out for next season!

Soldato
I know some of our injuries this season have been freak accidents, and the players who haven't had knocks have been run into the ground due to our lack of depth, but you really have to ask whether they're doing something wrong with training and recovery to have this many injuries.

Gordon didn’t look right before the game even started last night, your right about running our players into the ground, if I remember rightly Miggy was sent home from international duty last season due to muscle fatigue

Pet Northerner
Don

No, it's just a lack of plan B by the coaching staff to make changes to the system. Howe will die on the aggressive press hill - even though the game against wolves proves that with the current squad, it's probably best to go back to counter attacking.

Soldato
No, it's just a lack of plan B by the coaching staff to make changes to the system. Howe will die on the aggressive press hill - even though the game against wolves proves that with the current squad, it's probably best to go back to counter attacking.
Totally agree. I think the Chelsea game proved that. Howe still has loads in the bank but I feel if anything that will be his undoing.

Soldato
Newcastle fans: Why are we getting so many injuries...?!?!

Also Newcastle fans: yay, some more games at the end of the season half way round the world.

Wonder if there's any correlation..

Don
I'm not sure how Newcastle playing a game in the future has any links to their injuries now. I'm not sure if their extra games this season has a huge amount to do with their injuries either in all honesty. Come the end of the season they'd have only ended up playing 5 matches more than last season.

Sometimes **** just happens and when it does, it often spirals. You get a few injuries and as a result the other players have to play more, meaning they're more likely to pick up injuries. Rinse and repeat. There were times when Howe could have used his squad players a bit more but when things aren't going well it can be difficult to rest your better players unless you really trust the ones coming in. One of our Geordies commented on Howe needing to give Hall some games now but given how few minutes he's been given in a season where you've had so many injuries, it's pretty evident that Howe thinks he's rubbish.

Soldato
I'm not sure how Newcastle playing a game in the future has any links to their injuries now. I'm not sure if their extra games this season has a huge amount to do with their injuries either in all honesty. Come the end of the season they'd have only ended up playing 5 matches more than last season.

Sometimes **** just happens and when it does, it often spirals. You get a few injuries and as a result the other players have to play more, meaning they're more likely to pick up injuries. Rinse and repeat. There were times when Howe could have used his squad players a bit more but when things aren't going well it can be difficult to rest your better players unless you really trust the ones coming in. One of our Geordies commented on Howe needing to give Hall some games now but given how few minutes he's been given in a season where you've had so many injuries, it's pretty evident that Howe thinks he's rubbish.
We have always had issues with soft tissue injuries, even back to the days of SBR, a lot of people put it down to training on astroturf every day then playing on grass on a Saturday

Caporegime
That's been our problem. A few defensive injuries and it means everyone else has to play more. Players come back and then they can't be eased back in so get injured again. It's a complete miracle that Dalot has stayed injury free because he's played nearly every game.

Soldato
That's been our problem. A few defensive injuries and it means everyone else has to play more. Players come back and then they can't be eased back in so get injured again. It's a complete miracle that Dalot has stayed injury free because he's played nearly every game.
Some players seem to be immune from injury

Soldato
Well that’s the second player that should have had surgery and didn’t have it.
Barnes should have had surgery on his foot and didn’t. Ended out longer than if he had it done. Actually might be the 3rd as Murphy avoided surgery on his shoulder came back for one game ended up getting the surgery done.
That a why I’m sure Isak is going to break down again, same injury as Joelinton and they just keep putting a sticking plaster on it

Soldato
An away friendly against Holy Island is probably they closest we'll get to European football.

Theres a decent piece by Craig Hope recently, although the DM website is awful. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-earth.html?ico=authors_pagination_desktop

He seems to be pointing the blame directly at player recruitment and it is hard to argue against it. The 4 big signings Newcastle made in the summer have made a total of 17 starts between them for an outlay of 150m.
Tonali - not ready for the league and needed time to settle, just like Howe did with Bruno to good effect
Barnes - replacement / competition for Gordon who has quite comfortably been this seasons top performer
Hall - Clearly not rated by Howe
Tino - Good signing but competition for Trippier who was comfortably last seasons best performer.

Meanwhile leaving the team short of centre forward who can play more than three games in row without breaking down, a right sided midfielder to upgrade on Almiron, a left back to play ahead of both Target and Dummet who it is clear Howe doesn't like and a centre mid who can win the ball.

Back
Top Bottom