The next Labour leader thread

GAC

GAC

Soldato
iv said it already but still every labour mp seems to be in denial about what actually happened, they all say the same thing and blame david cameron for everything.

Soldato
The political landscape of this country has been turned on it's head for sure.

I dont see him as a winnner of the next election anyway so no big deal..

If Boris Johnson becomes leader of the Conservatives (or worse Theresa May), then I see him winning!

Honestly, disappointed to see the knives out. He is pretty popular, I think, and I find his attempt to answer questions with detail and caveats rather than confident and simplistic soundbites quite refreshing.

Caporegime
He couldn't even hold down shadow Chancellor plus he has all the Nazi comment baggage.

I can see how his wife's affair with his personal protection officer might put him off his game.

Steven Kinnock would be an interesting choice the drawback with him that I can see is the name and whether people would turn there noses up at him due to the name and who his father was.

Genuinely do not like that guy, plus he's too "euro" for right now.

Soldato
He didn't want the gig, but I would definitely vote for him and a lot of the right would too.

He is the guy to lead an independent Britain I think.
I'm sure I've read he was looking to mount a challenge in a future possibly a few months ago.

From a tactical point of view he's the only candidate which may be able to swing enough English voters.

Kind of hard to make out an ex paratrooper to be soft, wimpy or unpatriotic (three of the common things the public are put off by most Labour leaders).

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Agreed but it was him who I believe stood there in front of the Liverpool 96 and listened, then helped set up the final inquiry.

yeah according to a mate he was more of a johnny come lately on that one. like many other mp's did. not sure exactly as sod all to do with me.

but the entertaining thing is watching the labour mp's keep blaming the conservatives for screwing the country up and forcing labour voters to vote out as an attack on david cameron, they just wont admit they where wrong for going on 20 years on many issues :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is there actually any Labour MP who is actually dialled in to what their core supporters concerns are? This is the biggest problem Labour has the PLP has somehow allowed itself to move in a different path to the rest of the party.

Most of the names mentioned already in this thread are from the same metropolitan elite that Miliband represents and that's how you got Corbyn............I'm not sure what the solution is.

Back
Top Bottom