Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Where exactly did you put the discount code? I'm trying to use it on a Mac and if I enter the one on the item page to the checkout (for finance) it tells me that it's invalid.

I'm not entirely sure where else I can enter it. It's my first finance order with them (only doing it for the 20% off!).

Screenshot-2022-03-20-at-10-51-12.png

The code I used was "welcome", it does have some exclusions, iPhone 13, and a couple of other items.

Soldato
So what are people's favourite apps to use with the Pencil 2? I have things set up to make notes on eBooks after a bit of fiddling (I'm new to the Apple ecosystem). I wondered if anyone could recommend some stuff that I might not know about?

Soldato
I only really use mine for Affinity photo and annotating/signing pdf’s - which I do quite a bit.
Aside from that I may occasionally use it for general browsing if I’m feeling too lazy to fully extend my finger :p
Oh, and sidecar, since Apple inexplicably disabled touch while in sidecar mode yet the pencil can do it :confused:

Soldato
Now these things are approaching a year old how are people finding battery life? I guess battery life was the one thing that wasn’t that great from the start with these but it does *seem* like I’m charging my 12.9” more often than i used to. Wish iPads had the same battery life checker as iPhones to… makes no sense to omit it!

Soldato
Now these things are approaching a year old how are people finding battery life? I guess battery life was the one thing that wasn’t that great from the start with these but it does *seem* like I’m charging my 12.9” more often than i used to. Wish iPads had the same battery life checker as iPhones to… makes no sense to omit it!
The battery health thing is a double edged sword - yes it’s nice to check (on the iPhone) but conversely it just adds to battery anxiety for some. There’s an argument for not having it and just get on with things without worrying about your battery health dropping.
You can of course check the iPad battery with the coconut battery app - but you need a Mac for this.
Finally, the 15.4 update was known for causing battery drain which was itself patched just this week. But this would only account for the past couple of weeks if you’ve noticed battery drain in that timeframe.

I agree regarding battery anxiety, I would not want to know an exact percentage of far my battery is failing, I would be checking it every day.

On another note I’ve only had my iPad Pro 11 about a week, now I’m wondering if I should’ve got the 12.9!, can you comfortably use the 12.9 in bed for example watching Netflix or is it a bit to unwieldy?

I love using multitasking split screen, YouTube one side and browsing a web page at the same time, I think the 12.9 would be a lot better for that, I am little disappointed that the 11 pro isn’t 4:3, I probably should’ve done my research on that, I love the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Man of Honour
I agree regarding battery anxiety, I would not want to know an exact percentage of far my battery is failing, I would be checking it every day.

On another note I’ve only had my iPad Pro 11 about a week, now I’m wondering if I should’ve got the 12.9!, can you comfortably use the 12.9 in bed for example watching Netflix or is it a bit to unwieldy?

I love using multitasking split screen, YouTube one side and browsing a web page at the same time, I think the 12.9 would be a lot better for that, I am little disappointed that the 11 pro isn’t 4:3, I probably should’ve done my research on that, I love the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Personally I think the 12.9 is ok for in bed but I'd probably prefer the smaller one - depends if your holding it or not - I often just stick it on the bed on the Magic Keyboard.
I received a Samsung Tab S8 Ultra earlier in the week (14.6" screen) - that's put me off anything larger than the 12.9" iPad for a while - this is the sweet spot of size and portability in my opinion.

Soldato

I have both the 12.9 and 11 pro and i find myself using the 11" more, Mainly because it normally the 11" i grab when going out

At home i mainly just use the Desktop PC

Soldato
I think if I only had one device I would probably have the 12.9 - however I’ve never used one so it would be purely theoretical.
As it is, I have the 16 inch MPB so the 11 fits in perfectly to my line up.

Soldato

iPad batteries last a lot longer than phones. It's quite rare that you go through one cycle per day so after a year you probably go through 100 or less. With phones most people go through one cycle per day. And some battery decline isn't very noticeable either, maybe at the end of the day your battery would be 40% instead of 60%. Whereas on phones it's immediately noticeable as it's quite often the difference between needing to recharge midday or not.

Soldato
I have a bit of a weird question, so bear with me. I bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max, and because I knew it didn't come with a charger, I bought the 20w charger to go with it. Then, later on, I was persuaded to buy the iPad Pro 11", which comes with its charger. Then after doing some reading, I found out that the iPhone 13 Pro Max can charge at up to 27w, so I bought the 35w charger to use instead of the other two, but now I can't tell them apart. The 35w charger looks slightly different, but are the other two chargers interchangeable? How do I tell them apart?

Soldato
I have a bit of a weird question, so bear with me. I bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max, and because I knew it didn't come with a charger, I bought the 20w charger to go with it. Then, later on, I was persuaded to buy the iPad Pro 11", which comes with its charger. Then after doing some reading, I found out that the iPhone 13 Pro Max can charge at up to 27w, so I bought the 35w charger to use instead of the other two, but now I can't tell them apart. The 35w charger looks slightly different, but are the other two chargers interchangeable? How do I tell them apart?

Exact part number and wattage is written on the charger itself, somewhere very tiny in a light grey colour. You might only be able to read it with a magnifying glass or the camera on your phone.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210133

Soldato
Exact part number and wattage is written on the charger itself, somewhere very tiny in a light grey colour. You might only be able to read it with a magnifying glass or the camera on your phone.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210133

Thank you for the information. I honestly can't read the text on the back of the charger even with light shining on it and my glasses on. I guess it doesn't matter if both the 20w charger I bought extra because of the iPhone is the same charger that you get with the iPad Pro 11".

Caporegime
Thank you for the information. I honestly can't read the text on the back of the charger even with light shining on it and my glasses on. I guess it doesn't matter if both the 20w charger I bought extra because of the iPhone is the same charger that you get with the iPad Pro 11".

Get your phone, put it in Macro mode.

If you can't see then run the iPad to a percentage, 20, 30, 50%, doesn't matter, just make sure it's same both test.

Then time it to charge 10%.

Faster one is the 35w.

Back
Top Bottom