Poll: ** The official 2022 Apple TV 4K thread (it has the A15 chip, HDR10+ and everything!) **

Are you going to buy the 2022 Apple TV with USB-C charging on the remote?

• Total voters
Soldato
I have a weird problem with my Apple TV. When I turn it on I can't move around the menu. At first I thought the remote had run out of battery but after charging for an hour no joy. It is basically just locked up and won't let me do anything. I want to reset it but the instructions Apple give you require you to use your Apple TV which I obviously can't do.

Does anyone have any advice at all?

Associate
My Apple TV has been superb since I bought it, especially after setting up Infuse. Really hoping to one day see native supported High Res codecs... that would be superb.

Commissario
OP
I had something similar once. Restart the remote.

Press and hold the TV/Control Centre button and the Volume Down button at the same time. Hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds, or until the status light on your Apple TV turns off and on again.

Release the buttons. Then wait 5 to 10 seconds for a Connection Lost notification to appear on your TV screen.
Wait while your remote restarts. When the Connected notification appears, you can use your remote.

Soldato
I had something similar once. Restart the remote.

Press and hold the TV/Control Centre button and the Volume Down button at the same time. Hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds, or until the status light on your Apple TV turns off and on again.

Release the buttons. Then wait 5 to 10 seconds for a Connection Lost notification to appear on your TV screen.
Wait while your remote restarts. When the Connected notification appears, you can use your remote.

Hmm. I tried both of those (pair your remote and restart your remote) and nether worked for some odd reason. I'll try again after it has been turned off for a bit.

Man of Honour
I have a weird problem with my Apple TV. When I turn it on I can't move around the menu. At first I thought the remote had run out of battery but after charging for an hour no joy. It is basically just locked up and won't let me do anything. I want to reset it but the instructions Apple give you require you to use your Apple TV which I obviously can't do.

Do you have an iPhone or iPad? You can remote control your Apple TV via AirPlay.

Man of Honour
I didn't think of that. Yes it works perfectly with my iPhone (although slightly oversensitive). I have no idea how I managed to forget the proper remote though.
At least it's not a brick then until you can figure out what's up with the remote.

Try Apple Support, I've found them very useful over the years.

Back
Top Bottom