Poll: ** The official 2022 Apple TV 4K thread (it has the A15 chip, HDR10+ and everything!) **

Are you going to buy the 2022 Apple TV with USB-C charging on the remote?

• Total voters
Caporegime
Apple sent me a survey about Apple TV 4K today so I've been filling it in. One of the questions they ask - did you know you can colour calibrate your TV using iPhone and Apple TV.

Interesting! Has anyone ever tried this?

Man of Honour
Apple sent me a survey about Apple TV 4K today so I've been filling it in. One of the questions they ask - did you know you can colour calibrate your TV using iPhone and Apple TV.

Interesting! Has anyone ever tried this?
Yeah I know about that. Never done it as my TV has been professionally calibrated.

Man of Honour
So is it worth buying versus using an Xbox x as a streamer?

I have some rain forest gift cards I could use so it won’t ‘cost’ me per say.
You mean Amazon. It's Amazon. The mods aren't stupid, they know you mean Amazon when you say rainforest. And you can say Amazon as long as it's not about something that they sell which OcUK also sell. And I'm fairly certain that OcUK don't sell Amazon gift cards, or Apple devices.

Man of Honour
Well thanks for spelling that out :)
You're welcome.

The Apple TV is just about the best streaming box available, made better if you are already in the Apple ecosystem but it's not a requirement for it to be good.

Unless you are an audio nerd with high end gear with a huge Plex collection, then you may want to consider the Nvidia Shield but that's in desperate need of an upgrade.

Man of Honour
I do like my music and do have a fairly decent stereo setup.

Everything else is Apple. Phones, Mac and pads.

Thanks for your input.
Apple TV doesn't do DTS/passthrough, for normal audio from streaming services and music it's perfectly fine. It will convert DTS/lossless from BD/lossless etc to PCM and for 99% of people they wouldn't know any different apart from a light on their AV amp, but I thought I'd mention it.

Associate
Apple TV doesn't do DTS/passthrough, for normal audio from streaming services and music it's perfectly fine. It will convert DTS/lossless from BD/lossless etc to PCM and for 99% of people they wouldn't know any different apart from a light on their AV amp, but I thought I'd mention it.
My Cambridge CX81 doesn’t do DTS so not sure that will worry me. Thanks for mentioning though.

Soldato
Is it still worth getting a 4K 2nd generation with a 1st generation remote? They're on Hotukdeals for £68.

Soldato
Is it still worth getting a 4K 2nd generation with a 1st generation remote? They're on Hotukdeals for £68.
I did a bit of Googling because I didn't know what the 1st gen was like. If you never use Siri to find things and don't mind not having swipe controls (they suck anyway - I had to turn them off) and stuff then go for it. Amazon has some replacements from third parties for about £10 if you look into that.

Back
Top Bottom