Poll: ** The official 2022 Apple TV 4K thread (it has the A15 chip, HDR10+ and everything!) **

Are you going to buy the 2022 Apple TV with USB-C charging on the remote?

• Total voters
Associate
Is it still worth getting a 4K 2nd generation with a 1st generation remote? They're on Hotukdeals for £68.
For the money IMHO I would say yes, I've got a 4k 1st Gen with 1st Gen remote and it works great for my needs. The remote swipe navigation took a little getting used to but works fine.

Soldato
I have my soundbar connected to my tv via optical and my Apple to connected to my tv via hdmi.

Can I configure the Apple TV remote to power the tv/amp on as the FireStick can do?

Man of Honour
How? The remote genie only seems to do volume .
Genie? Not sure what that is, I have the Siri Remote and it has a power button used for turning everything off. To turn on all I do is press the home button. If you have an Amp and CEC/HDMI power control all set correctly that will also turn on.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Not sure if the correct thread or better in software, but does anyone use their Apple TV for IPTV and if so which app? I’ve tried a few, IPTVX seems decent but expensive.

Soldato
LG CX OLED 65.

Out of interest, do you find the ATV UI laggy at all? I've recently switched from an ancient 40" Sony 1080p to an LG OLED 55 B7, and there's noticeable lag when navigating around menus, etc. When watching stuff, there are no issues, just on menus. I wondered whether the ATV struggled with bigger displays. This is using the latest 4K ATV.

Not sure if the correct thread or better in software, but does anyone use their Apple TV for IPTV and if so which app? I’ve tried a few, IPTVX seems decent but expensive.

IPTVX is the best app I've found, and I tried all the main ones.

However, I've given up trying to find an IPTV provider that doesn't have horrendous buffering with live sports, so I won't renew my IPTVX subscription next year.

Reactions: Kol
Man of Honour
Out of interest, do you find the ATV UI laggy at all? I've recently switched from an ancient 40" Sony 1080p to an LG OLED 55 B7, and there's noticeable lag when navigating around menus, etc. When watching stuff, there are no issues, just on menus. I wondered whether the ATV struggled with bigger displays. This is using the latest 4K ATV.
No lag at all, it's silky smooth.

Soldato
Thanks, both. I'll have a play with the settings and see if I can improve it. Maybe it's the TV rather than the ATV.
Are you using Disney+? There’s been a bug for months when using match frame rate setting where the UI gets stuck at the last frame rate, which will often be 24Hz but that should only affect the Disney+ app.

Otherwise I have no issues on my LG G3.

Soldato
Are you using Disney+? There’s been a bug for months when using match frame rate setting where the UI gets stuck at the last frame rate, which will often be 24Hz but that should only affect the Disney+ app.

Otherwise I have no issues on my LG G3.

Yep, good shout. Disney+ is where I notice it.

Thanks for that. :)

Associate
I have tried a few of them and by far Tivimax is the best but it's £20.It's basically a rebranded Tivimate which is the number one IPTV app on android.

Reactions: Kol
Man of Honour
I have tried a few of them and by far Tivimax is the best but it's £20.It's basically a rebranded Tivimate which is the number one IPTV app on android.
That seems more like it, I refuse to keep paying for a never ending subscription.

If it's purchased on one Apple TV, and it also be used on other Apple devices?

Associate
That seems more like it, I refuse to keep paying for a never ending subscription.

If it's purchased on one Apple TV, and it also be used on other Apple devices?
You can install it on 5 devices with the android version would have to check with this apple version.
It takes a little bit to get used too and I wasn't a fan myself when I first tried it but it's the best IPTV app out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom