*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Soldato
I'm droolin :)

3 x titan x ?
Nice should run real nice

Thanks buddy. It is a lovely panel, happier with it in person having seen it now. Admittedly still prefer the simplicity of my prior LG panel, but G-Sync and 100 Hz is a nice trade off.

Yep will be the trio running this panel. They managed normal 21:9 @ 60 hz fine, so can only hope this will be an even better experience :)

any problem with actual games at 21:9?

There are some titles which have quirks or a lack of support during the last year I have been using the resolution. Newer titles and AAA ones tend to support it out the box. The popular ones that do not initially MGS: Phantom pain being an example often get community fixes pretty quick. Others have small quirks such as Witcher 3 gameplay being 21:9 but cut-scenes being 2560 x 1440 (not sure if there has been a fix recently)

On the whole however it seems to be getting more attention and I think for most the part you be fine. Just every now and then you will need to do some work to get the odd new titles sorted.

Associate
Same here, mines arrived today from another etailer. Will cancel my oc order. Not going to be able to set it up on my old rig until Thursday though. Its sitting in its box at work. Waiting for me.

Should be up and running on new pc next week.

Associate
So backlight bleed on this panel also? I have the X34 with a little backlight bleed. But I also have Gsync and IPS that's why I purchased the X34 and sold the Samsung 34"

There is not a perfect IPS .. Sorry.

Man of Honour
I'll be receiving this screen tomorrow hopefully for a full review at TFTCentral in the coming weeks. before people start chasing for it, it is likely to take about 2 - 3 weeks to complete :) I'll report back when it's done, or keep an eye on the site or our twitter feed of course :)

Soldato
I'll be receiving this screen tomorrow hopefully for a full review at TFTCentral in the coming weeks. before people start chasing for it, it is likely to take about 2 - 3 weeks to complete :) I'll report back when it's done, or keep an eye on the site or our twitter feed of course :)

Does a copy and paste from X34 review take that long... ;):D

Man of Honour
You see more and yes there is an advantage.

Depends a bit on the game some handle different aspect ratios in different ways i.e. zooming and cropping the field of view rather than doing it properly or purposefully adding limitations to prevent significant ability to increase what you can see.

Associate
Depends a bit on the game some handle different aspect ratios in different ways i.e. zooming and cropping the field of view rather than doing it properly...

Yeah, that is really annoying. Some games look spectacular and you get way more vision (Far Cry 4). Others just crop off the top/bottom, which makes it worse in the long run (Watch Dogs *surprise!* ....although think Flawless Widescreen Fixed that for me).

Soldato
Depends a bit on the game some handle different aspect ratios in different ways i.e. zooming and cropping the field of view rather than doing it properly or purposefully adding limitations to prevent significant ability to increase what you can see.

I have an ultra wide display. ;)

Associate

Wait, you're the TFTCentral guy? I love your site! - you've probably seen me bugging you for reviews on this monitor on twitter :p

@DrazekIronwing

Here's a quick picture of my screen which arrived today ;D ~ I took it to work to 'show it off' haha!

ASUS PG348Q at Work

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait, you're the TFTCentral guy? I love your site! - you've probably seen me bugging you for reviews on this monitor on twitter :p

@DrazekIronwing

Here's a quick picture of my screen which arrived today ;D ~ I took it to work to 'show it off' haha!

ASUS PG348Q at Work

It's eating your Gigabyte laptop! :D Should also have a review of this on the way, delayed a bit due to other things though. :)

Associate
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I've got my monitor all setup now on my PC,... and I've just noticed a single dead pixel right in the middle of the monitor in front of my eyes... :| /me devastated.

Associate
Had one arrive today. Initial impressions are very, very slick. The build quality being a massive improvement over the mixed bag Acer XB270HU I've been mostly using for gaming.
February build date, no sign of any 100Hz issues and, although admittedly only a couple of hours, no sign of dead or stuck pixels (touchwood !), no obvious signs of bleeding and any IPS glow appears unobtrusive and inline for what you'd expect.
Will put it through a few more rigorous hours tomorrow, but encouraging so far.

Associate
Hey all, quick update on my monitor!

Despite the dead pixel (I'm getting it RMA'd luckily.) The monitor is sweet as hell, It's not as tall top-bottom as my previous monitor (30" 16:10 Dell) but I don't mind that so much as my old Dell was rather on the tall side. - the additional insane amount of width however is a massive breath of fresh air, I feel like I'm right in the game and I can see everything!

I haven't noticed any BLB with my monitor, and when booting up the PC on a black screen I do see what I believe is IPS glow, the glow kinda moves around as I move my head, so i'm pretty sure it's IPS glow i'm seeing and not BLB. - that being said, this monitor appears to have more IPS glow than my Dell did, but it's not noticeable under general use/gaming/etc so i'm not really bothered about it.

100hz works flawlessly, G-Sync is amazing ;D the image looks a lot clearer to what I'm used to.

All in all good stuff!! now I just gotta get this dead pixel out of my life and I'm golden ;D

Back
Top Bottom