*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
2042 is really good now dunno why so many people complain. Just wish they would put in a proper server browser now
I really wish they would do this,Theres a couple of maps i just hate playing and often quit soon as its finished loading in,To then search for a match again and be put back on the same stupid map,Arghhh!
Free weekend on Steam if anyone interested and 85%off
Ideally,This needs to stop with the free week ends and the mega discounts,Sure its bringing new players BUT at the same time its offering a cheap way in for cheaters to just cheat their backside off.
Obviously EA dont care about that part though. :/

Soldato
I've been playing it quite a bit the past week. It's still hot garbage. No balancing, poor map design people randomly popping up or lagging(always frustrating when you load a clip into someones head and they one shot you). etc etc etc all the problems are still there you just get used to them. I only play conquest now as the other modes are pointless. Rush is just grenade / cluster grenade spam, you will sit at the choke points the entire match.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been playing it quite a bit the past week. It's still hot garbage. No balancing, poor map design people randomly popping up or lagging(always frustrating when you load a clip into someones head and they one shot you). etc etc etc all the problems are still there you just get used to them. I only play conquest now as the other modes are pointless. Rush is just grenade / cluster grenade spam, you will sit at the choke points the entire match.
Also missing a server browser! :o

Associate
Does anyone know if any of the Dice developers who built the BF3/BF4 maps are still there? This new map feels like a fan made tribute to a BF3 map where it's got all of the right styling but none of the flow/design to what actually made the BF3 maps feel so great to play.

I've definitely enjoyed 2042 at times (I've somehow manged 360 hours tbf...) - but definitely hoping the next game from Dice takes some learnings from this one.

I'd also be more than happy to go back to the DLC model and pay per pack, not a huge fan of season passes.

Soldato
Also missing a server browser! :o
It's got a thing called portal which is absolute *****, the ui and filtering is so bad but I guess it doesn't matter because the server selection isn't great either. The hit reg is really getting to me now too, some days its fine, some days I'll pump a full clip into someone at point blank and nothing will happen despite having a ping of around 18.

Associate
It's crazy. If they have only just taken on Motive Studios now (Never heard of this dev - never played Star Wars Squadrons - is it any good?) - then I suspect the next BF game won't release until oct 2026:(. That's 2.5 years without any new BF content

At least with COD, Activision manage to keep a game running until the new one comes out.

Soldato
Actually booted up last night and played a few rounds. I’ve not played in a long time but it’s improved quite a bit. Still doesn’t satisfy that battlefield itch though.

Considering the recent announcement this game is likely to die further, anyone know if any of BF’s are still active with a lot of players?

Associate
Feels like they've got so much information/data on what would actually make a good BF game. They don't have to reinvent the wheel, look at what made BF3/4 so popular, why did people enjoy BF1 so much, why was bad company 2 so loved etc.

Surprised they supported 2042 this long tbh, I thought they'd have binned it after season 4 and said 1 year was enough.

Associate
Actually booted up last night and played a few rounds. I’ve not played in a long time but it’s improved quite a bit. Still doesn’t satisfy that battlefield itch though.

Considering the recent announcement this game is likely to die further, anyone know if any of BF’s are still active with a lot of players?

BF1 and BF4 almost all the servers are always full.

BF5 doesn't have many players - there's usually only about 4 full of the official servers and around 8 full on the community modded servers.

BF3 only has a couple of servers with active players but that's unsurprising as it's so old it's not really compatible with 2k & 4k screens due to interface limitations.

Soldato
BF1 and BF4 almost all the servers are always full.

BF5 doesn't have many players - there's usually only about 4 full of the official servers and around 8 full on the community modded servers.

BF3 only has a couple of servers with active players but that's unsurprising as it's so old it's not really compatible with 2k & 4k screens due to interface limitations.
Thanks, might boot up BF4 in that case :)

Caporegime

BF V servers seem to have picked up since the anticheat. My browser is only set for certain maps on conquest and last night there was quite a few kicking around, all full.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom