*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
You can find some gems like that if you play enough - one guy I ended up on a team with has exclusively used the SWS-10 for about 400 levels. Got to appreciate the grind.

Soldato
Is this worth picking up as a n00b? I had hundreds of hours during the glory days of BF2, then briefly moved on to BF3. I'll probably only play 3-4h a week.

I've finally upgraded my PC so keen to get back into a reasonably realistic shooter ideally - I miss BF2! It's that or Apex.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Clipboard03.jpg

This guy has been playing awhile, and was aimbotting with a shotgun.. All headshots!

Anti-Cheat just doesn't work in this game!

Last edited:
Soldato
I heard it went downhill when they switched from EAC to ea anticheat, at least according to the cheating forums. It was difficult with EAC, now it's a free for all, there's even tutorials on there now.

I bought BF V but there were hardly any servers and the maps were really crap! It was also full of max level experienced players so it was pretty one sided. Boring. Refunded.

Going to try 2042 today to see if its any better.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want to be put off FPS for life go watch the escape from tarkov cheat videos. There's a guy that installed the popular cheats as an experiment, in round after round he detected cheaters, watching them track him through walls or across the map. He "wiggles" at them and they wiggle back, it's depressing. I'm sure it's probably the same for battlefield and COD.

Oh yeah, BF V has an active 4chan group of cheaters from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sigh, so launching 2042 just restarts my PC. Awesome.

edit: fixed by setting windows game optimisation to HIGH for this game along with manually updating the ea anticheat tool

Last edited:
Soldato
So far, large maps where you spawn and die instantly from spawn campers. Rush is just an absolute smoke nade fest, you can barely see infront of you. UI scale seems huge.

Caporegime
Oh yeah, BF V has an active 4chan group of cheaters from what I've seen.
Games been hacked to pieces for several years now. Last time I played it a few months back I spawned in a tiger tank in the german main spawn and was immediately destroyed by a light tank in the enemy main spawn point before i could even get moving, it was basically spawn boom dead. That was on the rotterdam map so not even like a direct line of sight from one spawn to the other.

Depressing how active these are in games these days.

Associate
Got battlefield 2042 a few days ago , it’s great fun. Took me 2 years to get it looks like I timed it well. Season 7 out soon too. I didn’t know but this has even got some of the old bad company 2 maps on it! What an amazing surprise when I started a round. Arica harbour and Valparaiso, the good old days. I remember when battlefield was the number 1 game around on the forum , times have changed

Associate
It's not Battle Royale.

2042 is better than 5, but BF1 is a masterpiece (all the servers are still full after all these years), providing you can put up with a world war 1 setting and old guns

Back
Top Bottom