**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
As mentioned earlier, I ordered a UMi Super from the UK warehouse of 'GearBest' yesterday (Sunday) at about 14:50, and have just received an email (13:50 on Monday) advising me that it has now been shipped!

Mind you, it is coming with Hermes 'Express', but fortunately their driver has been here quite a few times before, and is usually very good, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed!

I will be checking the tracking details later anyway! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
As mentioned earlier, I ordered a UMi Super from the UK warehouse of 'GearBest' yesterday (Sunday) at about 14:50, and have just received an email (13:50 on Monday) advising me that it has now been shipped!

Mind you, it is coming with Hermes 'Express', but fortunately their driver has been here quite a few times before, and is usually very good, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed!

I will be checking the tracking details later anyway! :)

Let us know your thoughts mate :) Are you on Three by any chance?

Was looking on the official forum and lots of users are reporting various bugs which put me off, but Umi seem to be updating the software quickly which is nice to see

Last edited:
Soldato
It is quite a new phone, and as you say the frequent OS software updates sound encouraging, so I thought it worth a 'punt'.

I would like to have gone for a OnePlus Three, but that is about twice the price, which I couldn't really justify spending.

My current preferred network is EE, as they kindly gave me a free 'signal-box' (femtocell which makes a lot of difference, as the reception on all mobile networks is rubbish where I live anyway!

I also have a Vodafone 'Sure Signal' but that has just 'broken', so I will probably be leaving them anyway.

More news on my delivery, once the tracking number is recognised by Hermes! ;)

Associate
yes I am tempting towards the xiaomi

umi has no AC wifi, looks like the processor is quite slow on antutu benchmarks as well both are approx the same price.

Love mine, I got it for 131 (also waiting for £6 cashback) but its upto 140 now shipped to UK (within 8 days)

I got my K3 Note from their EU warehouse, it's actually in Bristol ;) My phone came three days after ordering. I'm very tempted too, the screen looks lush. Im just weary of that CPU, I get really bad throttling on my K3 Note when playing games (even games like Clash of Clans). I dont want the same to happen with this phone.

This is why I sold my K3 as it had major lag in Fifa and such, no issue with the Xiaomi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon 650) runs like a breeze!

Last edited:
Associate
Was looking on the official forum and lots of users are reporting various bugs which put me off, but Umi seem to be updating the software quickly which is nice to see
Same exact thing in my case concerning the UMI Super. The fact they're quickly releasing fixes is enough to change one's mind though.

Associate
Same exact thing in my case concerning the UMI Super. The fact they're quickly releasing fixes is enough to change one's mind though.

My thoughts exactly. However, I would caution against buying it because they are fixing everything so quickly, I would wait an extra week or so until all the bugs are ironed out, always safer that way.

Your money isn't going to fly away is it :)

Soldato
No, but things do change! ;)

For example the UMi Super is not currently available from GearBest's UK warehouse, which means waiting longer for it to be shipped from China, and then the possible risk of being caught for import and/or customs duty!

I was actually getting a bit concerned that there was still no tracking information available for my order, but I have just been advised by Royal Mail (not Hermes! ;)) that it reached their main Birmingham Mail Distribution Centre this morning, which means that it will hopefully be with me tomorrow.

Talking of GearBest, I received an email from them this morning, advising me of a 'Summer Sale' in which they have the basic XiaoMi Redmi 3 available in Silver for $127.99 which they equate to £91.24, but again it is not available from their EU warehouse.

Roll on tomorrow! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom