**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Just checked tracking and it now states delivered and signed for, location TAKELEY. I assume this will now get reshipped to me and i'll get another tracking number?

Wasn't expecting this to be honest.

Well, according to 'Google', Takeley is a village and civil parish in the Uttlesford district of Essex, England, which is interesting!

Will they still use DHL to ship it on to you, I wonder, or perhaps the (presumably) cheaper option of Royal Mail, now that it is actually in the UK?

This shipping business can get quite complicated at times, can't it! :)

Associate
Well, according to 'Google', Takeley is a village and civil parish in the Uttlesford district of Essex, England, which is interesting!

Will they still use DHL to ship it on to you, I wonder, or perhaps the (presumably) cheaper option of Royal Mail, now that it is actually in the UK?

This shipping business can get quite complicated at times, can't it! :)

They use DHL once in the UK too.. this is how 'you' dont get charged VAT/customs.. if they did get caught at customs then the delivery point at Takeley would get the charge and not you..

Associate
AAAAAHHHHH. Downloaded MiPC suite today and although it knows the phone is there it cant back it up or do anything as it says my version of MiUI is too old. From a previous conversation on here it turns out im not on an official rom but i am on one from that im assuming the vendor put on it when i bought it from coolicool. My phone is the Redmi Note 3 (not pro) so im on the mediatek version and cant get official global rom and will have to make do with china rom and add google etc. I want to get rid of this custom rom and put an official one on as i cant update from the phone itself as it says i have the latest version and MiPC suite said the same thing although i know this is not the case. Can I assume the bootloader is already unlocked if it doesnt have the official rom? Also if MiPC suite cant backup my phone would mobile GO be ok to do it with or should i download something else. Mobile GO recognises the phone and even suggests it can do a one touch root of the phone. Anyone else use it?

Back
Top Bottom