**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
As I understand it, 6.0 is still in BETA for Honor 7, correct? Or do you have a leaked final image? How did you flash your device/where did you get the images from?

yeah its beta, got it from xda, pretty simple really just pop the zip file you download into a folder on the root of your sd card called, dload and then manually update it from the phone, no root or recovery need, first Impressions its much much better than 5.0

version B313 is what I'm using

Associate
My Honor 7 should be arriving within the week but not sure I'll go for the beta as this will be my main phone... I guess I'll wait for the final release - Fingers crossed not long! :)

Associate
I was border line to returning it tbh, still might, will have to try the roll back without bricking it lol

Interesting - What do you find wrong with it? I've got it for a pretty stunning price (in my opinion) so my expectations are set accordingly. I've done lots of research and think it'll meet my needs but always interested to hear feedback! :)

Soldato
Interesting - What do you find wrong with it? I've got it for a pretty stunning price (in my opinion) so my expectations are set accordingly. I've done lots of research and think it'll meet my needs but always interested to hear feedback! :)

not sure tbh, the build quality is lovely and it feels nice in the hand, I think its mainly the software, had it been a clean android os it would have been a lot nicer, having said that i'm still playing with it now that it has 6.0 on and at least the sd card integration kind of works, still think sony have done the best job on that with their concept software

Soldato
haha in that case you will, funny I've just taken out the 32gb card I used to flash it with and it appears it doesn't encrypt the cards like the sony does, so you can just take the card out and pop in a sdcard reader, pretty handy :)

Associate
Spec me a Phone!

So I've just about had enough of my windows phone, slow OS, rubbish compatibility and I just want something that feels a bit newer.

Looked into the Redmi note 3 and whilst it ticks most of the boxes it does look like it'll be a touch on the big side for me (I'm a stonemason so big phones = more chance of breaking)

Are there any Chinese phones going that are built to a similar quality but a touch smaller?

Associate
Enjoying my LeTv 1s so far. Haven't managed to root/update the software (and I wouldn't call myself a novice with that sort of thing) but I'm quite happy with how it arrived thus far. Battery life is bordering on scandalous but I've swapped form a Sony z3 which was unusually good, and it does *usually* charge fast, although it seems almost random, sometimes it'll pile on 20% in 20 mins, sometimes it'll sit charging for half an hour and only go up 2%, even with a reboot first, but it's doing sterling duty as my everyday phone and I've not found anything I don't like aside from the above.

Soldato
So I've just about had enough of my windows phone, slow OS, rubbish compatibility and I just want something that feels a bit newer.

Looked into the Redmi note 3 and whilst it ticks most of the boxes it does look like it'll be a touch on the big side for me (I'm a stonemason so big phones = more chance of breaking)

Are there any Chinese phones going that are built to a similar quality but a touch smaller?

xiaomi just announced the 5" redmi 3

or theres the mi4

both hd screens and snapdragon cpus's

Soldato
Got my letv1 today.
first impression is just wow, how is it that cheap for such an amazing phone. Admittedly I had an gs3 before but this is better than the misses gs5 hands down. Haven't fully played with it all yet but I am very very impressed.

Soldato
That's excellent to hear chronic! These phones are amazing for the price. Especially the letv 1s. :D

And by the way. The Redmi 3 is available on honorbuy already for anyone interested in one,!

Last edited:
Soldato
Screen is amazing, setup was simple. Honorbuy version with Google already installed. It's fast, feels smooth, looks smooth. Honestly can't fault it so far. Happy!
Thank Tauren and Andy for the help.

? Should I run the letv system updates?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's advisable to update it to the latest version yeah.

I flashed my meizu with the stock rom as soon as I got it. Incase there was any bloatware added by the reseller.

Personally though I don't think honorbuy load any bloatware into the phones rom anyways. So you should be okay just to do an update and keep it as that.

I too was amazed at the quality for the price. You get so much phone for so little money. There is some Chinese stuff in there but it's worth it for the price.

Associate
Are you guys just getting the gold LeTV 1S?
I just can't find a silver one in stock anywhere.
And - if you get from China do you have to use adapter for plug?
Not a big deal really if you do but just good to know.

Soldato
Any USB plug will charge the phone. You don't have to use the one that comes in the box. The silver one in 16gb is in stock with honorbuy afaik

Edit. Infact the 16gb and 32gb silver are both in stock at honorbuy.

Back
Top Bottom