**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I am thinking about getting the Ulefone Power when it comes out on the 28th

Link to Phone

I have never used a Chinese phone before but have seen some discussion about incompatibility with Google Apps with certain phones (the Xiomai RedMi Note 3 if I recall correctly), I use Google Sheets, Docs, Photo and Drive extensively and it would be essential these work. Does any one know about these issues and are they easy to overcome? Who knows, maybe it's not too good to be true?

Cheers
I wish I'd seen this before I ordered an Oukitel K10000. I suppose this_is_gav has a point about the unlikelihood of them having crammed such a large battery into such a small frame. That said, they have a diagram of the construction of the phone, and the vast majority of the inside is taken up by that battery.

My current phone is a dual SIM Xperia Z3, and even though it has a 3100 mAh battery I struggle to get through a full day. I use my phone for work, and as I'm rarely at my desk I send and receive most of my email from my phone. I also use it to read during my commute, which is why the battery takes such a hammering. I stumbled across a review for the Cubot H1 which introduced me to these big battery Chinese phones. The Oukitel K10000 should hopefully suit me quite well. It's basically a power bank with an entry level Android phone built around it. I just hope it doesn't take forever for GearBest to ship it from HK...

Associate
I was holding out for the Ulefone Power but after looking at some reviews of Ulefone in general and needing a new phone ASAP I have decided to go with the Xiaomi RedMi Note 3 (with EU ROM installed for Google Apps etc) should be here on Thursday. Be interesting to see what its like. Have been using a Galaxy S3 which I got on launch day so should be quite a good upgrade for a relatively small outlay.

Last edited:
Soldato
Snapdragon version of the redmi note 3 is going to India.

Which could be good as means more chance of decent and stable custom roms

Problem with that is xiaomi are locking bootloader now with a ridiculous unlock procedure. Just flashed my Mi4c to cyanogenmod and won't be going back now. I actually found Miui fine for day to day use but I'm not a "power" user by any means.

I just use my phone as a phone and don't, root of load xposed etc onto it.

Associate
In case anyone is still hanging on the edge of their seat, I managed to root my LeTV 1s, load up the BB72 Italian rom without bloat/chinese weirdness and all is running super smooth, battery is loads better and charges properly and everything is basically awesome. Would do again.

Soldato
In case anyone is still hanging on the edge of their seat, I managed to root my LeTV 1s, load up the BB72 Italian rom without bloat/chinese weirdness and all is running super smooth, battery is loads better and charges properly and everything is basically awesome. Would do again.

Was looking to do the same with mine. Would you mind pointing out which guide you used to root it?

I'm very happy with mine, but the chinese stuff can still open up even if disabled and blocked sometimes. The main one is the browser which seems to be hardcoded to open when click on links, especially youtube ones (rather than openign the youtube app, which then don't play. No matter what I've done and playing around with default actions, it seems to be forced to open.

Plus with 32gb storage, getting rid over every piece of chinese tat would be great!

Only negative with rooting is not being able to use sky go, but I could try some root hiding apps.

Associate
Was looking to do the same with mine. Would you mind pointing out which guide you used to root it?

I'm very happy with mine, but the chinese stuff can still open up even if disabled and blocked sometimes. The main one is the browser which seems to be hardcoded to open when click on links, especially youtube ones (rather than openign the youtube app, which then don't play. No matter what I've done and playing around with default actions, it seems to be forced to open.

Plus with 32gb storage, getting rid over every piece of chinese tat would be great!

Only negative with rooting is not being able to use sky go, but I could try some root hiding apps.

Sorry, should have thought to link it!

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/letv-x500/492828-modding-letv-x500-twrp-firmware-powered-bb72.html

Would advise Google translate unless you're very clever and brave!

There's a "grossoshop" version of twrp which is the only one i managed to get to work. Worth the bother though.

I used the 5.5.009s "aroma" rom here, but between the two links it was borderline easy!

http://blog.grossoshop.net/come-installare-rom-bb72-su-letv-x500/

Mild-moderate faff, but well worth it. No chinese silliness, no DU battery saver idiocy. It's 5.5.009S now, so all the fixes so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brilliant, thanks for the links and tips, much appreciated.

Will give it a bash this weekend, I don't mind a bit of annoying faff to get things working perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom