**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
One of my work colleagues bought a redmi note 3 from Gearbest before Christmas. He has since found numerous bugs with the software and an annoying 5MB download limit in the play store when on mobile data. He has since then found that its bootloader is locked and cannot update OTA, PC sync or trying to flash new rom. Any one else had an issue like this? And any ideas how to solve it?

Soldato
I believe that AndyCr15 had a video in this thread which had how to change the download limit thing, it was a simple menu change once you knew where it was.

As for the rest I'm not sure, I don't have the phone but one of my colleagues does so I get a constant stream of what he is doing with it. I know he's said you can get Xaiomi to unlock it via some web form and he's running some rom created by someone in Italy (IIRC) which he is quite happy with but he got his from Honorbuy.

edit: Actually he's running the EU Rom from Xiaomi when I asked him earlier

Last edited:
Soldato
A quick update on the Ulefone Power; it arrived on Tuesday and I've been using it instead of my Z3 since then. I managed to get through Wednesday and Thursday with the battery reaching 39% when I got home from work. Had I not run the AnTuTu benchmarks last night, I am fairly confident I could have gotten through today as well. I don't have time to give a full report on my experience so far, but I figured it would be worth talking about the battery life for anybody who was curious, as it was the main selling point of the phone.

Soldato
Quite like the look of the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro on Honorbuy. Does anyone have one of these and if so what is the rom situation with them (e.g. amount of Chinese bloat in it as shipped and what options are available compared with, say the Redmi Note 3) ?

Soldato
Currently eyeing up the Huawei P8 lite on GearBest, if I get it from the EU warehouse will I get stung by customs? And will it come with a global ROM?

its about the same price on amazon.de,

buy it from there, cause if it comes with a fault or problem it'll be much easier to return to amazon.

amazon have it for 190 euro's. which is about 149 pounds.

Associate
its about the same price on amazon.de,

buy it from there, cause if it comes with a fault or problem it'll be much easier to return to amazon.

amazon have it for 190 euro's. which is about 149 pounds.

Top shout

EDIT: Same price on uk's amazon >.<

EDIT 2: Do I take a risk on a "unwanted return" for £120 on the 'bay?....aarrrhhhh decisions

Last edited:
Soldato
Top shout

EDIT: Same price on uk's amazon >.<

EDIT 2: Do I take a risk on a "unwanted return" for £120 on the 'bay?....aarrrhhhh decisions

personally? you might be better off with a honor 5x? its more or less the same, but has a 5.5 1080p screen and fingerprint scanner included. larger 3000 battery.

Soldato
Ah right. Fair enough ! :p you should take a look at the redmi 3. Its a 5 inch phone. Very similar spec to the p8 lite. But has a 4000mah battery. And is about 100 quid

Back
Top Bottom