*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyone around Act II NM up for playing? Or even further. I'm just looking for someone capable of smashing things up to make things a lot quicker for me because i want to get to Hell as soon as possible. I'll probably give you something good in return once i have anything worth having, lol. And here's a thanks in advance. :)

I will be on as soon as I get home from work and should hopefully be finishing Act 1 quite soon after so will give you a hand on Act 2.

I'll add you once I have logged in.

Associate
The AH kind of ruined the first play through for me.

I love it in WoW, so went to it straight away in D3. Unfortunately that meant I had zero interest in the gear that was dropping for me in game, and I was so much more powerful than the mobs that I literally just shot a single elemental arrows on my DH down a corridor and then ran after it as it killed all the mobs along the way.

There's a lot of stuff I love about Diablo, but I really get the sense that it could have been so much more. The limitations that the real money auction house has placed on the game in terms of last of player mods and custom content extra is a huge mistake imo.

I'd be really surprised if the RMAH was anything other than a massive flop. Especially when they waiting till like 3 weeks post-launch to enable it. All of the hardcore players have already rinsed all the content through to inferno and gone back to whatever else they were playing. Really can't think of the sort of player that would buy anything with real cash.

Soldato
The drops are too plentiful on the whole making Diablo easier than it should be. Just like WoW the harder difficulties are trivialized by simply getting overly inflated gear.

The knock on effect being that the AH is a joke (like WoW) and will only get worse. This doesn't bode well for the upcoming real money economy or for the longevity of the game.

Just because the drops are plentiful don't make them useful, its still a RNG game when it comes to getting the perfect stats.

Associate
The only reason people traded in SoJ's was because it was duped in ridiculous quantities, the chances were the majority of those going round in trade weren't even found legitimately.

All the duping did was make Blizzard create Uber Diablo to clean up how many there were (SoJ use for bartering was dying because of the duping). The currency eventually moved onto HRs when the expansion came out.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still maintain that the AH problems will become less apparent by end game. By the time you're trying to rampage through inferno, no matter what gear you have, you're always looking for that exceptional rare that is unique and amazing, something that really you probably can't get on the AH... Admittedly, the AH does make it quite a bit easier to reach end game, but I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not really...

kd

Soldato
Got my first legendary! after playing through the whole game and going about 30 Butcher runs on Inferno... 401.5 DPS 2 handed mace, with +48 dexterity. So disappoint :(

Soldato
Diablo 3 sells 3.5m in 24 hours or 4.7m including the annual pass users. Fastest selling exclusive game in history. 0 piracy seems to work i hope more games will follow suit with always online DRM. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120523005531/en

Diablo 3 sold well DESPITE always-on DRM, rather than because of it. The DRM is ridiculous - if the servers are down (as they are often) you can't play, and if the network becomes congested the game becomes unplayable.

Associate
Got my first legendary! after playing through the whole game and going about 30 Butcher runs on Inferno... 401.5 DPS 2 handed mace, with +48 dexterity. So disappoint :(

This is the reason why AH is usefull, Personally out of 100 drops i get one that is 1/2 usefull, and usually 5 levels below my character.

btw, dex gives you crit so not a total loss :p

Soldato
I don't, requiring Battle.net is ridiculous, same as it was on SC2 (which should have had a LAN option).

Diablo/SC are probably the only games I'll ever buy that require a constant internet connection.

As for the whole AH thing, it isn't needed to complete the higher difficulties (well, I've just done act 1 hell on my monk, don't know about after that). If you just want to 2 shot Champs/Rares then I guess it probably is, but that's pretty boring.

Soldato
I'm not worried by the AH. You make what you do of it.

I can't see how it's ruining the game for people. It's an optional thing and you're not forced to use it. It's no different to using a walk through to speed up your progress, it's entirely down to each individual player to wether to use it and how much to.

Frankly I'm going to use it as and when I feel like, I'm not really looking for stuff on it, but I'll grab a few gems if they're cheap. I've not had problems so far, and you can pour your money into crafting instead if you wanted.

I can't agree with the harder difficulties being impossible. It makes them easier and quicker, but that's a choice you make. People have done it, and blizzard have always said grinding gear will take you a long time. It's only impossible if you want to beat that next section right now on the first or second attempt.

I also think the prices will settle a lot more after the RMAH. It won't be so cheap to kit out with gold.

Last edited:
Soldato
Diablo 3 sold well DESPITE always-on DRM, rather than because of it. The DRM is ridiculous - if the servers are down (as they are often) you can't play, and if the network becomes congested the game becomes unplayable.

I don't, requiring Battle.net is ridiculous, same as it was on SC2 (which should have had a LAN option).

Diablo/SC are probably the only games I'll ever buy that require a constant internet connection.

As for the whole AH thing, it isn't needed to complete the higher difficulties (well, I've just done act 1 hell on my monk, don't know about after that). If you just want to 2 shot Champs/Rares then I guess it probably is, but that's pretty boring.

Diablo 2 was massively successful and lots of people played that on battle.net, I for one never played the singleplayer mode seriously even once. Not to say I didn't play solo, I did loads, but I played on Battle.net.

It worked exactly the same, except there was a singleplayer mode that I personally can't see why someone would want to use (unless they had no internet / unreliable internet of course).

Soldato
I can't see how it's [the AH] ruining the game for people. It's an optional thing and you're not forced to use it.
Yeah.

I see lots of people complaining how the AH ruined the game on the official forums as there's no reason to farm constantly for items when you can just farm money and buy them, but it's not like people are forced to use it. Seems a silly argument.

Associate
Diablo 2 was massively successful and lots of people played that on battle.net, I for one never played the singleplayer mode seriously even once. Not to say I didn't play solo, I did loads, but I played on Battle.net.

It worked exactly the same, except there was a singleplayer mode that I personally can't see why someone would want to use (unless they had no internet / unreliable internet of course).
The only use for offline play on D2 was playing over LAN when you shared a single bnet account with everyone in your household, the internet went down for a week and you needed to get your fix in :)

Associate
The AH kind of ruined the first play through for me.

I love it in WoW, so went to it straight away in D3. Unfortunately that meant I had zero interest in the gear that was dropping for me in game, and I was so much more powerful than the mobs that I literally just shot a single elemental arrows on my DH down a corridor and then ran after it as it killed all the mobs along the way.

There's a lot of stuff I love about Diablo, but I really get the sense that it could have been so much more. The limitations that the real money auction house has placed on the game in terms of last of player mods and custom content extra is a huge mistake imo.

I'd be really surprised if the RMAH was anything other than a massive flop. Especially when they waiting till like 3 weeks post-launch to enable it. All of the hardcore players have already rinsed all the content through to inferno and gone back to whatever else they were playing. Really can't think of the sort of player that would buy anything with real cash.

Sadly you have only yourself to blame, 1st play through is s piece of cake and I personally found no reason to use AH, used it last night after killing Diablo to buy a 2H mace as the axe I got from Diablo was more useless than a blow up dartboard and took a minute to kill one of the first mobs so to make it more fun off to AH got me a mace and kept smashing the **** out of things, rest of the gear will come with time but I thought I’d spoil myself with an OK mace for my level rather than the one from Diablo that was 5 levels below me.

two more pennies from me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom