*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Diablo 3 sold well DESPITE always-on DRM, rather than because of it. The DRM is ridiculous - if the servers are down (as they are often) you can't play, and if the network becomes congested the game becomes unplayable.

it sold more than any wow expansion and sc2. if people could pirate it a couple of days before release there is no way it would have achieved this kind of sales.

Associate
So I caved in and got this after playing some of the starter edition. Never played a diablo game, but so far I'm loving it. I've found 2 rare items which are pink, so my barbarian looks quite amusing :D

Associate
I'm finding it awkward as a wizard because I keep stumbling into mobs or ground effects.

The shift button which is supposed to stop you, only works if you are holding down mouse to move, and not if you've accidentally clicked somewhere and started running.

There is also no way to disable click to move, so, if you are trying to target an enemy and accidentally click the floor, the only way to stop moving is to click somewhere else or drag the mouse all the way back behind you. In hell, you just can't afford to be wasting time doing this!

Probably doesn't affect other classes too much but as a wizard who is trying to maintain his range, it's a bit annoying. It would be sooo much easier if you could just press shift and stop. An obvious oversight in the controls, you might say.

Associate
Argh! WTF!? I've done this Act 2 NM quest where you do the waterways 3 times now, i get the waypoint in Desolate Sands, exit the game for a break and when i go back on i'm back needing to go through the Oasis again despite it telling me i've already done the waterway quest.

I just really want to get Act 2 done with. :(

Soldato
Argh! WTF!? I've done this Act 2 NM quest where you do the waterways 3 times now, i get the waypoint in Desolate Sands, exit the game for a break and when i go back on i'm back needing to go through the Oasis again despite it telling me i've already done the waterway quest.

I just really want to get Act 2 done with. :(

if you look, it tells you the level ranges and that's what i thought "i swear i jsut done this...*shrug*"

but yeah, i think you need to hit the next level set before you are able to start at that chapter, unless you continously play it's happend to me twice now got to the desert, log off come back and have to do all the way up to the butcher again :p

Associate
if you look, it tells you the level ranges and that's what i thought "i swear i jsut done this...*shrug*"

but yeah, i think you need to hit the next level set before you are able to start at that chapter, unless you continously play it's happend to me twice now got to the desert, log off come back and have to do all the way up to the butcher again :p

It's even if not starting/joining a public game though. :(

It's so hard aswell because of the amount of champions/elites in Dhaglur Oasis and then all the Imps and stuff in the sewers which you can't rush through 'cause it's so narrow. :(

I really cba to do it again.

Soldato
I finally bought a weapon on the AH. Paid 20k for a nice DPS Lvl 20 weapon. Could probably have got one for less if I'd looked at the ending times, but meh, I'm happy with it. Jumped from 60-100 damage on the weapon, and a much need improvement :)

Now at about L41/2 with 400dps and 9k HP.... Just about getting through NM Act 2 (just found Kulle's head)... Some of the mobs are horrific though (don't remind me about plague and vampiric.... or anything with arcane....)

kd

Associate
I'm finding it awkward as a wizard because I keep stumbling into mobs or ground effects.

The shift button which is supposed to stop you, only works if you are holding down mouse to move, and not if you've accidentally clicked somewhere and started running.

There is also no way to disable click to move, so, if you are trying to target an enemy and accidentally click the floor, the only way to stop moving is to click somewhere else or drag the mouse all the way back behind you. In hell, you just can't afford to be wasting time doing this!

Probably doesn't affect other classes too much but as a wizard who is trying to maintain his range, it's a bit annoying. It would be sooo much easier if you could just press shift and stop. An obvious oversight in the controls, you might say.

Spec as a Battlemage and get in there amongst them. One of the best Wizard builds. No shift button required.

Associate
I finally bought a weapon on the AH. Paid 20k for a nice DPS Lvl 20 weapon. Could probably have got one for less if I'd looked at the ending times, but meh, I'm happy with it. Jumped from 60-100 damage on the weapon, and a much need improvement :)

Now at about L41/2 with 400dps and 9k HP.... Just about getting through NM Act 2... Some of the mobs are horrific though (don't remind me about plague and vampiric.... or anything with arcane....)

kd

Yeah, Arcane ****s me aswell.

Associate
Watching the Athene stream and this guy on his chat is quitting and is giving him so much stuff - like 8-9 pages of a full stash and he's still going. A 1.4k dps bow and loads of other wicked stuff.

Associate
Watching the Athene stream and this guy on his chat is quitting and is giving him so much stuff - like 8-9 pages of a full stash and he's still going. A 1.4k dps bow and loads of other wicked stuff.
potentially large amount of hacked gear? can't imagine someone putting that much time into a game in such a short time period and then giving up

Associate
potentially large amount of hacked gear? can't imagine someone putting that much time into a game in such a short time period and then giving up

More than likely. Guy he was giving too was loving it, had to keep upgrading his stash but 100k was nothing to him when he had 15mil+.

Soldato
Just got royally screwed by a mob of four burrowing leaders with fire chain and arcane. The second they saw me they'd surround me so I couldn't move... Died in about twenty seconds, if that.

Was made up for when a different mob dropped two rates... Bit of a pain that neither of them were useable by me. Although I got an absolutely epic lvl 32 cloak, so that went on the AH for 5k... If it doesn't sell I'd be amazed....

kd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom