*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just completed act 3 inferno on my barb finally :). Had to skip a couple of rares but killed all the bosses with 5 neph so it wasn't too bad.

Associate
As a DH I use

lrKJB.jpg

I am in Act IV Inferno with this build.

I disagree with the poster above about Sharpshooter being compulsory (does help on some boss fights tho). Tactical advantage gives you so many more options for kiting. IE against wallers if i get boxed in I can spam NT at the mobs until the enter the box then SS and be out of the box and ready to kite again. Or if I meet a pack I need to dodge whilst I make kite space I can be 2 screens away before they have even seen me.

I am at 36% crit chance and this further devalues Sharpshooter.

Before I got access to NT I used Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow and also used Bola Shot - Thunder Ball for a long time (until Inferno Belial actually).

Soldato
Just completed act 3 inferno on my barb finally :). Had to skip a couple of rares but killed all the bosses with 5 neph so it wasn't too bad.

Havnt seen this thread for like 2 days and its already 30 pages more lol.
Gratz, I've only go through first boss on act 3, what gear do you use?
Can you add me @ PhoenixUK#2160 .

------------------------
Also, to any barbarians that got to inferno and have doubts - gear makes a massive difference.

I could do act1 quite easily then I thought its ridiculous when I got to act2.

After getting few new items I could already nearly afk in act1 ( literally, can stand in group of mobs for half minute and they wont kill me then I can probably 1 hit them by pressing revenge once ). Could run it easily with dual wield or 2h and offensive passives/skills.

Then I've somehow managed to get through act 2 with, was hard and took a lot of effort by my gear still wasnt that good. Got to belial and couldn't kill him for a while until I got some more new gear then it became extremely easy.

Act 3 was again totally new level of difficulty, first I got ****** by first normal mobs outside of the gate but day later after changing few bits I've got through to first boss and slowly progressing through altho I might do some more farming first.

*** IMPORTANT ***
1. I can do act 2 super easily with dual wield and no shield + 1 or 2 offensive passives as well. Things hardly have any time to do any damage to me as they die in a hit or two and my weapons arent even that great. I can run through act3 normal mobs and some champ packs depending on abilities with dual wield as well and no shield.

2. When you upgrade your gear do not do same mistake as I did when I bought gear without a perfect stat ( ie, high all res, physical res, str but 0 vit ). It's better to save your cash and buy the perfect piece ( they start at 700-800k to 1,5-2mil ) and slowly upgrade 1 item at a time rather than buying full set of half good items for 200-600k as not only they will allow you to progress only a little bit further then you will have to change it again BUT also prices drop extremely fast and the piece that you bought for 500k might only resale for 150k in 3-4days time when you want to change it.

I've bought a lot **** gear that I've only realised now I have to change anyways. Anything that hasnt got both very high str/vit ( sometimes crit % , atk speed can be taken instead of str ) along with high all res + fire res or physical res is useless and you will need to swap it by the end of act2.

Soldato
Getting very bored with Inferno. Every pack of elites just feels as if it is specifically catered to be impossible to kill with a Barbarian. Everything has atleast 2 things that only effect those up close (ie plague/molten) and can kill me in 3-4 hits. Really spoiling the fun when there is literally nothing I can do to kill half of the elite packs.

Been playing co-op with a mate who's a wizard, they just seem to ignore him until I'm dead! :(

Associate
Also, just read total MF from items is split across group members so if you have 100% from items solo and you grp with another chap with 0% its halved to 50% for the group. Anyone know that? Could be bs.

Yup thats right. The game adds up the total gold find of the group and divides it by the number of players to get the average.

Soldato
Getting very bored with Inferno. Every pack of elites just feels as if it is specifically catered to be impossible to kill with a Barbarian. Everything has atleast 2 things that only effect those up close (ie plague/molten) and can kill me in 3-4 hits. Really spoiling the fun when there is literally nothing I can do to kill half of the elite packs.

Been playing co-op with a mate who's a wizard, they just seem to ignore him until I'm dead! :(

It's just as bad for Wizards, Jailer, Fast, Vortex, Shielding, Invunerable Minions, all Wizard killlers.

Associate

You might find it easier solo. I certainly do. Sounds like your basically on the frontline taking the brunt of the champs scaled for 2 players. I rarely die with WotB popped and mobs drop pretty fast in act 1. Weapons are only 629dps/529dps.

I find solo'ing easier at the moment.

Soldato
My first legendaries drop within 2 minutes from each other.
One from a normal chest and a torture rack. Have to say Im very disappointed. When i saw an orange item I was on the moon but when I identify it was meh
dAMUE.jpg jIShh.jpg

LOL and you think your legendaries are naff

check out mine ! :(

diablo3-1.jpg

Associate
PhoenixUK#2160

Nice info man, thanks for that!

Anychance you could break your info down if you have time. As in gearing for ACT1, 2, 3, 4? Resists/dps/vit wise. Guessing you might not remember it all but anything would be useful ;).

To me resists are looking like:

Act 1: 0-200
Act 2: 200-400+
Act 3: 400-800
Act 4: 800+

With as much vit/str as possible. Just estimates!

Associate
Soldato
Aah, sounds like I need to massively up my resists then! Think the rest of my stats are ok though. Thoughts?
I've had a look around on the Auction House and I'm not finding many things with the stats I want, guess I just need to sacrifice some of the things I do like for better resists. As much as it pains me to lose damage!

Skills: http://i.imgur.com/GCd2b.jpg
Stats: http://i.imgur.com/WtmGD.jpg

Any feedback welcome!

Associate
Aah, sounds like I need to massively up my resists then! Think the rest of my stats are ok though. Thoughts?
I've had a look around on the Auction House and I'm not finding many things with the stats I want, guess I just need to sacrifice some of the things I do like for better resists. As much as it pains me to lose damage!

Skills: http://i.imgur.com/GCd2b.jpg
Stats: http://i.imgur.com/WtmGD.jpg

Any feedback welcome!

Swap out cleave for Frenzy with sidearm - more single target dps for bursting down champions and bosses. Should have Impunity rune on Warcry - moar resists. Hota wouldnt be my choice either, prefer leap (with iron Impact) or Furious Charge with Dreadnought. More mobility.

Personally I run

Frenzy - Sidearm
Leap - Iron Impact
Warcry - Impunity
Wrath of beserker- Insanity
Ground Stomp - Wrenching Smash
Revenge - Provocation

Concentrate on resist all and vit as far as stats go and get a decent 1H weapon with life on hit (or 2H is doable also certainly) and a shield if using 1H with good block%

Associate
My skills are:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acYdjX!TYe!YYZcaZ

Im doing 2.6k dps before the crit stack starts.

I'd recommend something like this http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRjXVT!TYe!YaYZcZ until you get to level 59, then you can switch the Elemental Arrow to Nether Tentacles.

You can also switch to Caltrops if it suits your playstyle more.

This build you will want to spam Elemental Arrow since it's AOE and your main source of damage. Use hungering arrow to regenerate hatred.

As kiting you'll want to use smokescreen with preperation. Which will you give 4 smokescreens, which is usually enough to do enough damage to kill elites..etc

If you need gear, I'd be happy to give some stuff, I've kept most of my gear I used to level up from 50-60. I'd be happy to help. :)

Add me - Astaeri#1190

Soldato
I'd recommend something like this http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRjXVT!TYe!YaYZcZ until you get to level 59, then you can switch the Elemental Arrow to Nether Tentacles.

You can also switch to Caltrops if it suits your playstyle more.

This build you will want to spam Elemental Arrow since it's AOE and your main source of damage. Use hungering arrow to regenerate hatred.

As kiting you'll want to use smokescreen with preperation. Which will you give 4 smokescreens, which is usually enough to do enough damage to kill elites..etc

If you need gear, I'd be happy to give some stuff, I've kept most of my gear I used to level up from 50-60. I'd be happy to help. :)

Add me - Astaeri#1190

Awesome advice, I'll be using that on my Hardcore DH :D

Associate
Do people know about the power mode in D3? (needs to be selected in menu)?

BTW are there any other options that make life easier apart from elective mode? ta

Power mode? Do you mean elective mode? Advanced tooltips, monster and player health bars etc (basically everything in the gameplay options!) I find are pretty much mandatory and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom