*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
any tips for making more gold please ?

I only manage to scrape enough to upgrade (slightly) my weapon/armour and end of each act - and I normally spend no more than say 8k for a new weapon, and buy a few health potions etc

I'd guess (I'm on nightmare atm)I end up with about 9-14k in gold at end of each act - which is not a lot when you have to do some repairs etc etc

Associate
Nice info man, thanks for that!

Anychance you could break your info down if you have time. As in gearing for ACT1, 2, 3, 4? Resists/dps/vit wise. Guessing you might not remember it all but anything would be useful ;).

To me resists are looking like:

Act 1: 0-200
Act 2: 200-400+
Act 3: 400-800
Act 4: 800+

With as much vit/str as possible. Just estimates!

Depends on other stats such as block% life on hit etc but for act 3 i'd say 800+ and act 4 is not really any harder so the same for that.

Associate

I only manage to scrape enough to upgrade (slightly) my weapon/armour and end of each act - and I normally spend no more than say 8k for a new weapon, and buy a few health potions etc

I'd guess (I'm on nightmare atm)I end up with about 9-14k in gold at end of each act - which is not a lot when you have to do some repairs etc etc

Don't bother with upgrading blacksmith or jewelcrafter at the moment - waste of time. If you need any gems ask here and I'm sure some people will have some spares lying about. Don't forget to remove them from gear before you sell it too! (Upgrade the JC enough to do this, afaik it can be done al lvl 1 anyway) Vendor all your blues that you don't think you are going to be able to sell on the AH. Open EVERYTHING, chests, break pots, loose stones etc. Explore all areas and try and kill all mobs.

Saying that, you're only in nightmare - you're not expected to have lots of gold just yet. Try and not spend too much on the AH unless you are really struggling to progress. The amount of gold that drops goes up hugely as you progress through the difficulty levels.

Soldato

stack gold find and do some hell runs, or best you can. 100k+ an hour or so with 200% and selling what you find.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't use it then? :confused:

Working fine for me, the back flip makes sure that I'm almost always outside of the range for the 20% bonus for steady aim and keeps me out of trouble. It's also got the most base damage and highest hatred regen... Each to their own.

I was pointing it out as it's used in the build that was posted - and it's not a very good ability. Maybe in Normal or Nightmare you might be able to use it, but for what you get from it, it's quite poor. Hungering Arrow or Bola Shot is by far the best two Hatred generators (Bola Shot with increased AoE radius is extremely good although once you get Nether Tentacles, you'll be using that as your 'aoe' damage), the former being pretty much a staple in Inferno.

When it comes to late Hell and Inferno, you need to conserve your discipline for SS, not waste it on random backflips when enemies get close. As for hatred generation, sure it might add more, but with the discipline cost, and the better damage from Hungering Arrow, you're going to have trouble.

Nice argument there.

Thanks for the build, will try it out.

It wasn't an argument. It was a statement of fact. Evasive Fire is ****.

Using Evasive Fire is wasting a slot, as Hungering Arrow does more single target damage, and you're only going to be using a single hatred generator in Inferno.

Soldato
Using Evasive Fire is wasting a slot, as Hungering Arrow does more single target damage, and you're only going to be using a single hatred generator in Inferno.

It's less single target damage than EF... 115% vs 125%, and take covering fire to guarantee three hits every shot against a group.

It's not ****. I'm using it fine within my build Act 4 hell, as are others using it into inferno, and it's not even come close to causing me problems. If it's burning through discipline that much because you're not leaving space, then obviously it's not going to be the skill for you.

Not working with your build and play style doesn't make a skill ****.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for that, I just tried this and it works great! Just wanted to ask why smokescreen and vault? In what circumstance would you use one over the other? I would have thought you don't need both?

Vault uses less discipline and allows you to put moredistance between you and a pack than using ss and running. You will come to realise that defensive options are what keep you alive in inferno, not necessarily just stacking damage and hoping to burn through a pack. Gl doing that on a 3 million hp elite pack!

Associate
After finishing act 1 inferno yesterday I joined a public game with some randoms and did a butcher run.It was more fun than I expected,might start coop for good now.

Did something similar yesterday - I hadn't played my DH for a couple of weeks and it was languishing round about level 12. My bro wasn't online, so I joined a public game and ended up playing with a couple of other DH's.

OMG ... what followed was an orgy of us snaring mobs and getting them in outrageous Rapid Fire crossfires and it was an absolute blast - the fact that I went up two levels in little more than half-an-hour didn't hurt either. Forgot how much fun co-op D3 is ... definitely doing that again!

Soldato
It's less single target damage than EF... 115% vs 125%, and take covering fire to guarantee three hits every shot against a group.

It's not ****. I'm using it fine within my build Act 4 hell, as are others using it into inferno, and it's not even come close to causing me problems. If it's burning through discipline that much because you're not leaving space, then obviously it's not going to be the skill for you.

Not working with your build and play style doesn't make a skill ****.

Hungering Arrow has a chance to pierce for another 115% weapon damage, and afaik can pierce again for even more. And seeing as all you'll be doing is kiting, you'll be using Nether Tentacles as your main damage ability, not Evasive Fire.

Act 4 Hell is completely different Inferno, especially Inferno Act 2 onwards. You can't compare the two. It's not a matter of not leaving space, but rather the fact that you can't just sit at range and pump away indefinitely in Inferno, if enemies are getting close you need to use your discipline to get away otherwise you're dead, the backflip from EF is useless *when compared with* SS which is absolutely necessary and you need to save your discipline for that, not backflipping.

It has nothing to with my playstyle, it's a fact. That's just the way the game works. Yes, it may work for you pre-Inferno and I'd like to see these people using it post-Act 1 Inferno because I'm genuinely curious as to how to would even be viable in the 1-hit madness that it is. Does EF break snares/roots? If it doesn't, then what's the point? Does EF's backflip follow your cursor or does it take you just backwards - in which case, Vault with Tumble would be much better as you can better direct your movement.

The extra 1 hatred is not enough to make it better than Hungering Arrow, which does more damage due to it piercing. And you won't be using it on multiple enemies when you have Nether Tentacles which passes through all of them and sometimes hits twice.

Unfortunately Inferno is a different ballgame to Hell and lower. I was happily plugging away my Bola Shots until it became very apparent that they weren't doing enough damage and that as a Demon Hunter in Inferno all you need to focus on is how much damage you can do, how quickly you can do it and if you can SS away - the last part is key - if you waste discipline on backflipping randomly when enemies get near, you're dead.

Soldato

I disagree. And I've seen several other people using EF in inferno builds without issue. :)

You seem to think I'm saying EF is the be-all and end all and only viable primary skill (like you're trying to do..). I'm not, and I was offering someone a build that I had used with success for hell difficulty (with justification, not just "all others are ****").

It works fine for me. I don't know why you're trying to ram your build and opinion down my throat? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I think you're both idiots. Elemental Arrow -> Ball Lightning all the way :D

But anyway. I've done very well without a primary skill since some time in Nightmare when I found I didn't really need to bother using it. Ball Lightning works as my AoE skill (maybe I need to try Nether Tentacles again, I didn't really find it useful when I unlocked it) and my build works on the basis that dps means absolutely jack **** if you spend most of your time running away, so I've worked on maxing single hit damage for spike trap and impale.

I really hope Smoke Screens ability to break Jailer is removed, that or such a benefit is added to ALL the DHs evasive skills. Until something is done to correct that obvious imbalance, Smoke Screen is always going to have some necessity on a DHs build late game. I've got partway through Act 2 Inferno without it but Vault has shown itself to be absolutely useless against those damn serpents.

Soldato
400 Act I

Around 700-800 Act4

Hmm, I'd say more unless you're talking unbuffed.

You might get away with 700-800 if you have v. high Vit + DPS and some kind of insane shield.

Nice info man, thanks for that!

Anychance you could break your info down if you have time. As in gearing for ACT1, 2, 3, 4? Resists/dps/vit wise. Guessing you might not remember it all but anything would be useful ;).

To me resists are looking like:

Act 1: 0-200
Act 2: 200-400+
Act 3: 400-800
Act 4: 800+

With as much vit/str as possible. Just estimates!

Probably more than that...

With Warcry on, I sit at:
885 All
1168 Phys

Act 2 is manageable, but a challenge.

Act 3 I get demolished.

I know Phoenix is running around with about 1k all 1300 Phys. About 50k Vit, and 25k Dps (dual wielding) and finding that he can now do normal stuff in Act 3. Mobs are possible, but certainly a challenge...

kd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom