***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Caporegime
Now the Galaxy Nexus may not wow everybody with its specs sheet, it only tells half the story. There's more to it and we're just beginning to unwrap this beauty.

For all the people that go on about the plastic being "cheap" and not feeling like a "premium device" :p

The fit and finish of the Galaxy Nexus just screams premium from wherever you look at it. The all plastic body caresses your hand and the tapered back edges don't make it awkward to the touch, unlike some other smartphones of this size.

All around, the device is well screwed together and despite its all plastic body, it won't give you any worries someone would mistake it for a cheap phone. On the contrary, the Galaxy Nexus exudes premium.

And here they state this?

The Galaxy Nexus is an impressive device on its own. It's got an amazing display with the highest resolution on a GSM mobile phone yet, 1080p FullHD video recording, dual-core 1.2GHz CPU with powerful graphics chip but most importantly it's the first handset to make use of the latest and greatest from Android.

Last edited:
Soldato
You do know that pretty much all the processors in any smart phone clocks down to ~200Mhz when not in use and even lower when idling with the screen off?

Really??? I had no idea...

Quite tempting to put a rolleyes there but I'll refrain.

Nothing wrong with that if you want the best there is :), but then there is no point even considering this or the GS 2 with the note and the razr around the corner.

Why wait for the Note or RAZR, the Note uses the Exynos 4210 and the RAZR uses the OMAP 4430 or 4460, eg the're equivalent GPU wise at least to the SGS2 and GN respectively...

Caporegime
Oh, I don't see anything wrong with the GN really (I personally much prefer it to any mobile on the market by a good margin) apart from no SD slot, and would have been better if they did use the same GPU as the GS 2 (but I really don't care that much as long as the mobile overall runs smoothly and is quick enough for my daily usage, which from all the videos and some people thoughts that have used it, that seems to diff be the case)

That comment was for all the people that are complaining about the camera, GPU etc. and just in general are wanting the best there is :p and those 2 mobiles specs on paper seem better overall than the GN by a decent bit.

Soldato
I get were you were coming from, but don't see it myself, the RAZR whilst it looks nice is very close spec wise to the GN really, the Note is a supersized SGS2 in an odd segment (5.3" is huge for the screen, also puts it into a 'low' ppi pentile rather than the high ppi of the GN)

I agree though, the GN is fine, I would've preferred an SGS2 with the GN screen but I can live with that, I think what most people would have issues with is the GPU (literally the only truly weakpoint of the phone, lack of SD is annoying but that's all) lasting for the next two years.

Android is getting two fairly big name games 'soon' (GTA and Duke Nukem), in two years time I can see a much bigger games market for them really and that's where the SGS2 may cling on a bit better than the GN.

Associate
I just really want the 32gb version. Hope we get it. If not, that razr looks tempting. Never thought I would enjoy a Moto product, I detested them back in the day!

Back
Top Bottom