**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
it's the first nexus device i've used that suffers from noticeable lag.

as samsung has made touchiz less laggy, stock android is lagging more. wierd. a few of my friends are all saying the same thing. strange

Soldato
Is anyone managing more than 3-4 hours SOT? I can't get any more than 4 on a typical 12 hour day off charger

I generally get just over 4 hrs... So long as I don't play too much SWGoH

I would be very pleased to get 4 hours SoT, though I've never really had much luck with batteries.

Wow that's poor battery. I'll stick to 1080p as long as I can see
Big screen, lots of pixels.

I was seriously considering the 6P or the Moto X Force, moving up from a Moto X 2014. However, a recent CPW deal pushed me to go for the Force.

I'm routinely getting 6+ hours of screen on time (lots of YouTube and web browsing) and also with many hours poor signal due to where I live, and have yet to kill it in a day.

I realise that it's not exactly a looker, but if it's battery life you want and a nigh-pure Android experience, there aren't many choices out there.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
it's the first nexus device i've used that suffers from noticeable lag.

as samsung has made touchiz less laggy, stock android is lagging more. wierd. a few of my friends are all saying the same thing. strange
Then you're doing something wrong. A rogue app maybe?

Another lag free N6P user (since November) here. Best phone I've ever had, love the size, the screen, the battery life and the no lag stock Android experience. :)

On a related note, anyone use the Facebook app and uninstalled it? Threres been a big thing recently about how its a battery drain and uninstalling it makes a very noticable difference. (I don't use it so have no first hand experience)

Last edited:
Associate
On a related note, anyone use the Facebook app and uninstalled it? Threres been a big thing recently about how its a battery drain and uninstalling it makes a very noticable difference. (I don't use it so have no first hand experience)

I uninstalled it and now just use the mobile browser version. I must be honest I've not seen a nticeable improvement in battery life. I routinely get between 3 and 4 hours SOT a day.

Soldato
Facebook doesn't appear anywhere on the battery stats for me, but I hardly use it unless I get a notification. I gave Metal a go but it takes about 4 times longer to open a Facebook pic, and Fenix is so damn good for Twitter.

Last edited:
Soldato
I switched to Metal too. Couldn't be sure of battery improvements, I think it's a little better though.

Facebook doesn't appear anywhere on the battery stats for me, but I hardly use it unless I get a notification.

I think that's part of the problem. I don't think it ever does, even when draining the battery. I could be wrong though. Maybe it just uses Android resources more (location and such) so technically they use the battery, not the Facebook app itself?

Soldato
Hey guys,I've just got myself a 6p and the one thing that's confusing me is the notification light, I've turned it on in the srttjbgs, but for gmail,missed calls etc it doesn't work at all, ambient display turned off too, I did install lightflow to test and it did work eventually but without it it doesnt work at all....any ideas guys.

Associate
Then you're doing something wrong. A rogue app maybe?

Another lag free N6P user (since November) here. Best phone I've ever had, love the size, the screen, the battery life and the no lag stock Android experience. :)

nope. bare bones, all apps removed. i've seen it on a number of 6p devices. i think lots havn't noticed it because they don't want to. definatly the last nexus device for my group of friends thats for sure

Soldato
nope. bare bones, all apps removed. i've seen it on a number of 6p devices. i think lots havn't noticed it because they don't want to. definatly the last nexus device for my group of friends thats for sure

Yeah, we haven't noticed it because we don't want to spoil our shiny, new expensive toy. :rolleyes: Remember your audience - half the user base of the mobiles section change phones every time a new flagship is released! While some will be attached a certain brand or phone, some others couldn't care less.

Anyway, mine is buttery smooth too. My only gripe is that it's also buttery smooth when trying to pick it up...

Back
Top Bottom