**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
looking on the net their seems to be a big amount of lag (all blamed on everything but the device or the os, when in reality those WILL be the culprit)

suprised by how much bloatware google has on them too. all those google apps nobody uses

Associate
looking on the net their seems to be a big amount of lag (all blamed on everything but the device or the os, when in reality those WILL be the culprit)

suprised by how much bloatware google has on them too. all those google apps nobody uses

Like the majority of others on here, I've had no issue with lag on mine, and I've had it since it was released - still as smooth and fast as it was on day 1.

Soldato

Can you link an article that mentions lag? From what I was aware of (my own experience and what I've read) this is the most lag-free android phone

Soldato
Like the majority of others on here, I've had no issue with lag on mine, and I've had it since it was released - still as smooth and fast as it was on day 1.

Yep, this is a very fast phone. I do experience the occasional bout of lag but that's normal on all devices. 95% of the time it screams.

Soldato
Im due upgrade (from a Sony Z2) in a few weeks and the only phone that takes my fancy is the 6P but ive been out the phone scene for awhile so no idea when the next version is due out and if its worth waiting?

What you guys think?

Soldato

Really? First I've heard of it... Plenty of complaints about size and build quality but software wise its butter like compared to any other android phone I've used.

Soldato
Love mine, had it a good while now and happy with almost everything. Only thing I don't like is the stock android positioning of the back button (I don't understand why such key buttons are in hard to reach places, even worse on ios), I also don't like the slippy back. My note 4 is perfect for holding, super grippy back and semi sharp edges plus it's a little thinner and lighter too. Nothing makes me want to return to Samsung though.

Soldato
This is a well known design flaw, shown in a video that went viral. Most of us concluded you'd still have to do well to be able to bend it in specifically that point... so... well done I guess!

I've tried to bend it back into place and it bent right back with very little effort I've no idea how it bent in the first place.
It's a poor quality device.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

Search 'Nexus 6p lag' in Google and you get results back. Doesn't mean its as a widespread issue as you seem to think it is.

Also, you're surprised a Google Nexus device has Google apps on it? Who would have thought. If you want bloat, see Samsung. :p

The only time I've really seen any 'lag' per se is when loading a website in Chrome via a slower connection thats either not well optimised for mobile or that is advert heavy. Oh and when youy access Dev options after a fresh boot it hangs for a split second before opening the menu. Other than that its buttery smooth, and FWIW I use Nova.

Associate
Search 'Nexus 6p lag' in Google and you get results back. Doesn't mean its as a widespread issue as you seem to think it is.

Also, you're surprised a Google Nexus device has Google apps on it? Who would have thought. If you want bloat, see Samsung. :p

The only time I've really seen any 'lag' per se is when loading a website in Chrome via a slower connection thats either not well optimised for mobile or that is advert heavy. Oh and when youy access Dev options after a fresh boot it hangs for a split second before opening the menu. Other than that its buttery smooth, and FWIW I use Nova.

yes, lots of lag issues like is said. even the samsungs ive owned, most of the bloatware has been google. it seems google is the new samsung. stock android is quickly getting worse, the devices are still having the build quality issues while samsung are very quickly improving it's software and design build is always top of the range.

Soldato
yes, lots of lag issues like is said. even the samsungs ive owned, most of the bloatware has been google. it seems google is the new samsung. stock android is quickly getting worse, the devices are still having the build quality issues while samsung are very quickly improving it's software and design build is always top of the range.

I recall you recommending rooting your Android devices. So have you rooted this 6p? If yes, then there may be your issue. If no, they why not do what you yourself recommend?

anyone know if there's a way to set max volume of the ringer/notifications as lower than the current max volume without rooting? i'm used to every android device before this needing to be full blast so i can ensure i hear the ringing at work, but now when i go to full volume without thinking it is way too loud. i need it to be about 70%

i've only ever used full volume or nothing so this is odd for me having to set it at anything else, and really not that easy to constantly adjust to find the right spot

Back
Top Bottom