********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
An idiot could drive in the old GTA's. GTA 4 actually needed some skill, not just hold accelerate and turn.

This TBH, driving in GTA IV is IMO more rewarding and funner because it requires a decent amount of skill. GTA has so much driving that the physics need to be spot on, and IMO IV was closer than any other, especially when driving a Futo a.k.a. AE86 :D

yep you win all GTA games should be serious and realistic because thats what Grand theft auto is all about. It can work with other games like battle field except opposite by including clowns, zombies and dinosaurs image the fun. /EXTREME SARCASM

IF 5 plays like 4 to me GTA is DEAD

oh well back to vice city (you know a Great game unlike 4)

COD zombies is pretty good, battlefield zombies sounds even better :p

Anyway I really liked the more serious and realistic tone of IV, and there were still plenty of LOL moments. tBoGT had even more.

Oh and how can you decide what GTA is about? If Rockstar want to try something different then it's their decision, and if the resulting game gets generally very good reviews and sells silly amounts (ala IV) then why not do it again?

Edit: +1 to everything Tummy said in the post above, IMO IV was way better than San Andreas simply because of the story, characters and attention to detail.

Last edited:
Associate
apologies if this has already been posted, but there is an official announcement now from rockstar here

"Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created"

Soldato
yep you win all GTA games should be serious and realistic because thats what Grand theft auto is all about. It can work with other games like battle field except opposite by including clowns, zombies and dinosaurs image the fun. /EXTREME SARCASM

IF 5 plays like 4 to me GTA is DEAD

oh well back to vice city (you know a Great game unlike 4)

I don't get what the problem is.

GTA has changed direction, it still has humor and the gameplay is good, however, if you like the old style gameplay then Saints Row has you covered.

Soldato
OP
yep Saints row 3 is what a next gen GTA game should be not bull **** 4

No it isn't, far from it in fact. Even compared to San Andreas, Saints Row is just far too slapstick and full of nonsense. No GTA game would or should ever be like that.

If anything, I'd say GTA5 will want to maintain its serious tone so as to distance itself from Saints Row.

Caporegime
Saints Row does several things better than SA did (the combat is better, the car customization is better, character customization is great etc) but it just lacks the overall quality that a GTA game has.

Associate
no one mentioned or confused why they have called it GTA V?

Why not GTA IV Los Santos?
Seems they've changed the naming convention they had before.. not really an issue though just interesting.

Caporegime
no one mentioned or confused why they have called it GTA V?

Why not GTA IV Los Santos?
Seems they've changed the naming convention they had before.. not really an issue though just interesting.

The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony were expansions, even though they were later released standalone they were still expansions. As for the PS2 games they were never called GTA III Vice City or GTA III San Andreas so why would they call this GTA IV Los Santos?

As for people being concerned about the size of the map well I'd put this to you, Liberty City in III vs Liberty City in IV. This isn't going to be a HD re-skin, it's built from the ground up in the new engine.

Associate
Really looking forward to this. Unlike most, I wasn't overly fond of San Andreas. I remember thinking that it just lost focus in the final third, or by that point I'd had enough and got bored. Don't think I even finished it. GTA 4 was in improvement for me.

Back
Top Bottom