********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
apologies if this has already been posted, but there is an official announcement now from rockstar here

"Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created"

Just Los Santos? :(

I think so. :(

To be fair, I don't think current gen consoles would be able to handle the GTA IV engine with the added size of San Andreas. It would probably come on about 5 disks with shocking graphics. Saying that, it looks to me miles better than GTA IV so it should be good.

Ah but I thought San Andreas was still a cut down version of the real places in terms of geographic size and actually isn't that big. Is the Just Cause 2 map bigger?

If they model the whole of Los Angeles i.e Los Santos then I suspect that will be a bigger area. In fact looking at the overlays of the Los Santos to Google Maps of Los Angeles it will be crazy big as LA.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea but the area of Los Santos in SA is only a few blocks worth of the real Los Angeles

If rockstar actually model most of LA for this it will be huge.

I think people are getting worried it may just be a re-skinned Los Santos from SA where I imagine it will be many times bigger.

Soldato
OP
There's no point comparing it to San Andreas (the game), it'll bear no resemblance I imagine. Liberty City in GTA3 and Liberty City in GTA4 couldn't be more different really.

Soldato
I don't think anyone thinks that really, they've never done that.

Sorry, I should have explained, my comments reflect some thoughts mulling around on other gaming forums not just here.

I discovered last week that I still had GTA III, VC and SA on my steam account (+ the other GTA Classics). I never log into or use steam and must have ordered it years ago. I don’t think I have logged on in over 3 years. Made me very happy so cracking on with both VC and SA games again. It has made me realise why VC had got the formula so right. It is because the city environment of VC (i.e. Miami esq) is cheerful and light and open. SA is blumming depressing until you get to Vegas and Los Angeles. Liberty City is just depressing.

LA for GTA V is perfect.

I suppose they could model the whole of LA and surrounding areas and get it onto one Blu Ray at least with the 360 requiring an install.

Soldato

The thoughts in that link are exactly what I felt within 30 mins of playing GTAIV.

(this bit is me not a comment from the link) In 2007, I bought a 360 for GTAIV when it launched. Up until that point I had been mainly playing WoW on my PC.

I sold the console and game to a work colleague within 2 days. Overreaction.....well maybe but I was that upset with GTAIV, I saw no need to keep the game or the console. Last time I bought a console for a specific game was the PS2 for Vice City and I kept that game and console for 3 years.

Caporegime
The thoughts in that link are exactly what I felt within 30 mins of playing GTAIV.

(this bit is me not a comment from the link) In 2007, I bought a 360 for GTAIV when it launched. Up until that point I had been mainly playing WoW on my PC.

I sold the console and game to a work colleague within 2 days. Overreaction.....well maybe but I was that upset with GTAIV, I saw no need to keep the game or the console. Last time I bought a console for a specific game was the PS2 for Vice City and I kept that game and console for 3 years.

Yeah but you play WOW so your opinion on any games is instantly invalid :p

Associate

That guy needs to move with the times

The city sucks. 90 degree corners every few metres, making it difficult to build up speed in most areas. There are very few open spaces to cruise through. Everything looks the same so it's easy to get lost or go round in circles.

Has he ever been to New York. I haven't personally but have seen enough movies, pictures and other content of New York too know it has got fast flowing corners.

Soldato
Yeah but you play WOW so your opinion on any games is instantly invalid :p

Ah but I don't play WoW anymore, I stopped in 2009 and I would have stopped a whole lot quicker if Rockstar had released a Vice City beater sooner.

[counsellor] 'Thank you Scrutinize, now .....would anyone else in the group like to share' ;):D:D [/counsellor]

Back
Top Bottom