*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
I'm hoping htc don't make a missive blunder with the M10, otherwise I'm afraid it will be the final nail in the coffin for them.

I've had most of the M series phones and found the build quality to be great, apart from the M7 htc's phones seem to fall short on one thing or another, usually either the camera or the battery.

Funny thing with my M9 I took a lot of night shots while on holidays last year and when I reviewed them I thought they looked pretty poor and washed out, yet when I transferred them over to my S6+ they looked pretty good :confused:

Soldato
i havent had a HTC since the ONE S. (which i may add, was an excellent little handset) its a shame to see them going this way with mobiles.

edit: button on the leaked photo makes it look like a meizu. and the face-camera on top looks a little out of place?

Soldato
It's another bloody iPhone clone.

It's a shame companies don't seem to be pioneering their own designs, but when it's make or break for some of them, such as with HTC, you can't really blame them.

Associate
most of their phones have been terrible over the years. while the m7 and m8 were overated by the fangirls, they were a nice alternative (even if sense did make touchwiz look like the second coming of christ)

they just suffered from being run of the mill, looking like a tin can, being bought by classes low income tweens who listened to music with those over-rated speakers and the snapdragon 810 being ****.

after not really making a better device than sony or samsung they got lost in the pile. the m10 could be the last ditch attempt at a flagship. but at this point who cares?

The only downside to the M8 was/is the camera, yes HTC dropped a major testicle there but as for the rest of the phone there was nothing else to touch it at launch.

Soldato
I'm still happy with my M8, even with the camera if the pictures are taken in reasonable light levels, but I doubt I'll get a M10 when I upgrade this year ...

... in fact I have no idea what I'll get at all at the moment (I won't be upgrading until late April/May anyway) as one of my friends got a Chinese phone last month which is pretty impressive not he's sorted out the software.

Soldato
Wheres the finger print scanner, can't go back too not having one.
I'm sure I read somewhere online that the SD820 includes (not sure when or if it'll be enabled by handset manufacturers) some sort of ultrasound based system which means the display on the phone itself can apparently be used instead of dedicated area/button with a scanner.

[Edit] OK found following link which references this...
http://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-820-zeroth-591411/

Last edited:
Associate
24492653859_0616fd0ba6_b.jpg

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65187976&postcount=33635

Mock up via XDA

Soldato
that looks..... alright!? i quite like it.

Yeah think it looks better than what I was expecting from the leaked photo.

Evan did also say somewhere or on a reply to someone on twitter not to judge it on just the leaked photo so maybe it's better than we're expecting.

That mock up to me looks they've merged the A9 and M8 without the 2nd rear camera.

Associate
I'm interested, that render make its look a lot better.
Shame Evleaks didnt show the better looking photo hes seen.

If HTC get the camera right, I may be in line providing everything else is done well.

Its grown on me.

Back
Top Bottom