*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
Follow up tweet says OIS in tow.

If HTC get the processing right they may actually have a impressive camera - IMX377, OIS, Laser Autofocus & PDAF

Apparently theres gonna be more leaks this weekend and that Hamdir render is pretty accurate allegedly

Though I think HTC have put themselves in a bad position already, apparently the phone isn't due until May 11th in the US...at least.
No idea on Europe.
And then theres rumours about their event may not be until April.

Soldato
You never know with HTC, somehow they always manage to gimp their phones be it with poor camera, small storage or low capacity battery.

Take your pick what's going to be the issue this time around....you never know HTC might even surprise us!

Associate
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, its their last chance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

Soldato
I bought the M9 after coming from a Samsung GS4 what with Samsung removing the SD card from the S6... Bad decision. The M9 was a great phone however the camera MASSIVELY lets it down. If they can fix that it'll be a good phone.

Soldato
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, its their last chance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

Its already getting a bit late, they really need too announce this soon cause once the S7 is out its sorta game over. Even if they have a better device they won't get the same hype unless it is literally the perfect phone and don't have a fraction of Samsung's Budget. Think LG had the right idea in launching on the same day, they didn't get nearly as much coverage but there is a lot of comparison articles about and its in peoples minds at least.

Want HTC around since the Vive looks awesome but their phones of late have been such let downs that I can't recommend them, lets see if that changes :o

Caporegime
It won't matter if they have a better phone, they don't have the brand nor marketing power of Samsung.

The htc one m7 was pretty much the better phone in almost every area and was even the pick for the majority of review sites yet they still sold **** all in comparison to Samsung :p :o

Soldato
But I feel the M7 was at least winning the reviews, a few more iterations off that and things could have been different. Who knows, but I think if the M8 and M9 where also the clear winners we would see a different HTC right now. But the M8 didn't really fix any of the issues with the M7 and introduced new ones, M9 I think was one of the worse flagships off last year and lost even worse cause the S6 was well designed and built.

Caporegime
Perhaps but HTC need to sort out their marketing/advertising, it is just awful. Lost count of the amount of times I have entered a phone shop to be jumped on by the sales people trying to sell me iphones or the galaxy devices :o Their presentation in shops especially TCW is pure **** too, their devices are just shoved along with all the standard android OEM devices near the back of the shop whilst Samsung and Apple have their own fancy stands right at the entrance :o

But yeah, the m9 was disgraceful, not to mention the A9... I didn't think the M8 was too bad, iirc it was just a slightly upgraded version of the phone much like the gs 5 was to the gs 4.

Soldato
But I feel the M7 was at least winning the reviews, a few more iterations off that and things could have been different. Who knows, but I think if the M8 and M9 where also the clear winners we would see a different HTC right now. But the M8 didn't really fix any of the issues with the M7 and introduced new ones, M9 I think was one of the worse flagships off last year and lost even worse cause the S6 was well designed and built.

I dunno, I thought the M8 was a big improvement over the M7. Bigger battery and nicer build too. We got a MicroSD card slot back and the software was easier to use and more refined. It was overall a decent improvement. Shame they didn't put a better camera in at the same time, but still one of my favourite phones.

M9 meanwhile made the build quality better, and the camera very marginally better... and everything else got worse. My main objection was how warm it got. Frustrating.

Soldato
The SD card was a nice addition but for me the rest went back, I honestly liked the design of the M7 for it being better too grip and just looking better too me. The device got really tall with the screen size bump, and they went too on screen buttons but still kept the same format meaning it was crazy tall. Also the biggest complaint was the camera, in low light is was great, everywhere else not so good. They instead kept the same unit, remove OIS so its not as good under low light. Honestly they should have kept the same exact design/screen added the microSD and worked on the camera. Everyone loved the design of the phone so I don't think it was worth the engineering effort.

M9 again I have mixed feelings about the design, but the camera was the extreme opposite, the only issue with the megapixel was low light instead of refining it they just started over with a meh 20mp unit. Everything else got worse, the phone was hot enough too cook on.

Idk, I see a lot of good and I'm super critical but mostly cause I've always thought HTC should be the king of Android and they have made so many bad choices along the way.

Associate
My last three phones have been HTC's because they've always been reliable, well specced and nicely built, but I'm afraid to say that after seeing the early mock-ups of the M10/Perfume I've jumped ship and am now the proud new owner of a Nexus 6P.

Their decision to drop Boomsound and to go with a 'me too' iClone might be the last nail in their coffin.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really stuck, I really like my m8, due upgrade soon but want a good camera, and i really like sense and the htc browser for forum text reflow.

Can't stand touchwiz so I'm loath the get a Samsung.. Maybe Sony will be on the cards for me.
I don't care for phone speakers at all, although I appreciate good sound on headphones

Back
Top Bottom