*** The Official iPhone 16 thread ***

Associate
Use this thread for any wishes/rumours about the upcoming 2024 iPhone! (I know, im shameless copying the iphone 15 thread)

Hardware/Design Wishlist:
1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps)
2) Touch ID in power button
3) Increased display resolution/PPI
4) Stacked battery technology and/or graphene batteries

Software:
1) better camera features for slow mo
2) be able to get ID on phone wallet (UK especially)
3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc
4) improve control centre, looks outdated as hell and can do much more there
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps

Soldato
Soldato

Why? Maybe it's just my old eyes but I already can't make out the individual pixels on the 15 so what real benefit is there increasing resolution or ppi? Especially given you have a battery changes on your hardware wish list, presumably for better battery life, which would somewhat be countered by higher resolutions / ppi.

3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc

Agreed. I don't really know why it's not a thing already given other buttons, screen and whole phone already supports gestures, double taps etc.

Associate
OP
That's a government issue, not an Apple issue. They're working on it apparently though.

Yeah its been happening in the US for several years now, so I thought we would have got it by now already.

"before 2024" seems optimistic given thats within 3 months, but if it is in 2024 im a happy man! Saves me from carrying 1 less thing

Associate
OP
Why? Maybe it's just my old eyes but I already can't make out the individual pixels on the 15 so what real benefit is there increasing resolution or ppi? Especially given you have a battery changes on your hardware wish list, presumably for better battery life, which would somewhat be countered by higher resolutions / ppi.

Agreed. I don't really know why it's not a thing already given other buttons, screen and whole phone already supports gestures, double taps etc.

The resolution because its been stuck on the same for what, 5 years now? If its a 1440p display i can at least view 1440p content to its fullest and enjoy better video quality in general

Soldato
Soldato
Use this thread for any wishes/rumours about the upcoming 2024 iPhone! (I know, im shameless copying the iphone 15 thread)

Software:
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps

6) Split screen /multi window support (like ipad, android phones, etc )

Last edited:
Associate
I like the control centre as is not sure how it would improve?

I’m a recent convert to the Apple system and have a 13PM at the moment so I will be keeping tabs in here for any future news as I will probs end up with a 16PM if the jump is big enough.

Associate
OP
I like the control centre as is not sure how it would improve?

I’m a recent convert to the Apple system and have a 13PM at the moment so I will be keeping tabs in here for any future news as I will probs end up with a 16PM if the jump is big enough.
its good but its just had the exact same design for 6 or 7 years now, and i think its time we see a change

Soldato
That would be cool. I only have the 13PM but if the action button stays only doing one thing I'd just use it for silent mode so it wouldn't be much of a change. If you could do multiple actions with it then I can imagine it being much more useful.
Y

Yes please. Won’t need to carry my card wallet once that happens.
I have my wallet locked up nice and safe. Haven't needed the wallet or cash since I got my Apple Watch. I just hold my watch up to the contactless payment thingy and that is the payment done.
6) Split screen /multi window support (like ipad, android phones, etc )
I'd love to see something like this but I can imagine it only really working on the Plus and Pro Max models.

Associate
OP
Take with a grain of salt of course, but some interesting rumours popping up about the 16 models next year

Ultra model was supposed to be with the 15 models, but i guess it was pushed to the 16's?

Associate
OP

Hardware/Design Wishlist:
1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps)
2) Touch ID in power button
4) Stacked battery technology and/or graphene batteries

Software:

slightly old news but RCS coming in 2024 apparently!

Soldato
Hardware: No serious changes needed. Better battery perhaps.
Software: Burn iOS to the ground and give us something that comes close to being as useful as Android has now become please!

Soldato

They have to drip feed the advancements otherwise it’ll be a very short keynote for the iPhone 16. :p

Soldato
I have to use an iPhone for work. And don't call me Shirley.
Likewise but i've kept an Android as a personal phone...

SFF4w.gif

Soldato
The resolution because its been stuck on the same for what, 5 years now? If its a 1440p display i can at least view 1440p content to its fullest and enjoy better video quality in general
If you can tell the difference between 1080p and 1440p on a 6.1 or 6.7 inch screen (when viewing content) then fair play but I hazard most people people can't. As was mentioned further up, I'm perfectly happy to stick with 1080p if it means better performance and battery life.
Additionally, on YouTube there is an improvement when watching 4k videos as opposed to 1080 even though the display itself maxes out at 1080 - something to do with compression.

Back
Top Bottom