*** The Official iPhone 16 thread ***

Associate
Use this thread for any wishes/rumours about the upcoming 2024 iPhone! (I know, im shameless copying the iphone 15 thread)

Hardware/Design Wishlist:
1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps)
2) Touch ID in power button
3) Increased display resolution/PPI
4) Stacked battery technology and/or graphene batteries

Software:
1) better camera features for slow mo
2) be able to get ID on phone wallet (UK especially)
3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc
4) improve control centre, looks outdated as hell and can do much more there
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps
It would be cool if they did a flip phone but the "Apple Way"

Associate
OP
The big rumour for this phone is that it is going to have a massive AI upgrade so things like Chat GPT or Google Gemini on the iPhone. That would be great.
chat gpt can already be downloaded as an app?

apple is far behind on AI vs other companies, Siri is dogwater compared to the likes of Google assistant, hence why there are rumours of getting native Gemini on the iPhone

Soldato
chat gpt can already be downloaded as an app?

apple is far behind on AI vs other companies, Siri is dogwater compared to the likes of Google assistant, hence why there are rumours of getting native Gemini on the iPhone

It is behind but one of the things Apple are king at is building product pipeline.

It’ll be good enough until they deem it necessary to relaunch/update/revamp it as the headlining feature for that years iPhone.

Associate
Soldato

Way to early in the game for rumours or to even discuss!

Barely feel like I’ve used my 15. :cry:

Associate
Personally I don't think the Control centre etc needs anything really happening to it, of course a better battery/camera is always welcome and I'm sure there will be some smallish upgrades to both in the 16.

Would seriously love to see a Flip or Fold iPhone but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Phones in general are just so boring now and they have been for sometime. I've been a iPhone user since the 3G was released but I have been quite tempted lately to try the Samsung Fold etc just because it's different but then I do soon realise I'll have to deal with Android :eek: and soon find myself sticking and (hoping) that the next iPhone will be somewhat interesting/worth of an upgrade... I haven't had any reason to upgrade my 12 pro max yet, still going strong and have had 0 issues with it since getting it on release day.

Soldato
Personally I don't think the Control centre etc needs anything really happening to it, of course a better battery/camera is always welcome and I'm sure there will be some smallish upgrades to both in the 16.

Would seriously love to see a Flip or Fold iPhone but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Phones in general are just so boring now and they have been for sometime. I've been a iPhone user since the 3G was released but I have been quite tempted lately to try the Samsung Fold etc just because it's different but then I do soon realise I'll have to deal with Android :eek: and soon find myself sticking and (hoping) that the next iPhone will be somewhat interesting/worth of an upgrade... I haven't had any reason to upgrade my 12 pro max yet, still going strong and have had 0 issues with it since getting it on release day.

A mate has that folding phone, it’s garbage. The battery is awful, I’d hate it anyone whose use to a decent battery will be put off. Also the two or three that he’s had have all got a seam down the middle. Which would also annoy the life out of me, he says he doesn’t even notice it.

Commissario
I think that in practise, a fold will be like a notch in that once you’ve used it for a few days, you don’t notice it.
Having said that, I won’t be at all surprised if Apple produce a folding phone in the future with a less visible fold.

Soldato
I don’t understand the battery argument. A phone battery only needs to last 1 day and I’d wager 99% of phones manage that nowadays. That point notwithstanding, I’ve found the 15 PM battery life to be excellent.

With regards the camera, I guess there is indeed always room for improvement but the cameras on the 15 PM are darned good and it’s the first time I’ve had a phone where I can happily leave my dedicated camera at home for walkabouts/family events etc.

Soldato
Soldato
I think that in practise, a fold will be like a notch in that once you’ve used it for a few days, you don’t notice it.
Having said that, I won’t be at all surprised if Apple produce a folding phone in the future with a less visible fold.
The seam on the OnePlus Open is (and I don't say it lightly) nearly invisible. It is really good.

Soldato
I'm not exactly unhappy with my 12, but want a better camera, with proper optical zoom.
Will see what the normal 16 gets, but I'm not discounting a Pro if the bump over the stock 16 is worth it.

As for the TouchID on the power button, guessing that cases will need to leave the button open, I don't think they need to with FaceID, why go back to TouchID?

Soldato
I'm not exactly unhappy with my 12, but want a better camera, with proper optical zoom.
Will see what the normal 16 gets, but I'm not discounting a Pro if the bump over the stock 16 is worth it.

As for the TouchID on the power button, guessing that cases will need to leave the button open, I don't think they need to with FaceID, why go back to TouchID?
I haven’t read any sources that state TouchID is making a return, indeed most confirm the opposite.
IMO, Apple have doubled down on the notch/island for a few years so it would make little sense to bin FaceID now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom