**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Associate
Quite. Some of them are so blinded by their fanboism it beggars belief.

Not really, what beggars belief is that 7 out of 12 iPhones bent in normal use. if that was the case then there would be 10's of millions of bent iPhones out there and it would still be headline news, which it isn't.

More likely that 7 out of 12 employees thought, it's a company phone lets see how bendy they really are!

abs

abs

Associate
Does anyone know if you can still get discount on the monthly tariff with O2 open even if you bought the phone from mobiles.co.uk? My phone arrives tomorrow, just wondered if O2 would knock anything off for me?

Soldato
Do custom roms usually have the Samsung dvfs disabled? I'm finding it a little annoying while gaming and the cpu clocking down to half speed when the temp is only reaching 56 degrees.

Soldato
Loving the phone still, but I'm having some monster wakelocks at the moment!

The phone's been off battery for 14h 34m as I type this, and has been awake (wakelocked) for 51% of that, so that's over 7 hours of wakelock today.

Roughly 5 hours of those (!) are one processes "wlanrx_wake". Now this only seems to be a real issue when I'm at work (in a university), and I guess it's something to do with the network pinging/waking the phone.

Does anyone more knowledgeable than I have any suggestions (other than to turn wifi off) as to how I can try and manage this?

Soldato
After my first week of owning I'm loving the phone even more.

Battery is as good as my old note 2, in fact better.
As I type the phone has been off charge 2 days 11 hours, with 5 hours+ of screen time with 12% battery left.
I'm not one for killing services running to save power either, so overall I'm very impressed with it.

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
Picked mine up yesterday (at last!) and initial impressions are just, *wow*

Just off for lunch so a quick message, but the battery life is actually unbelievable - coming from an S4 it's like having 5x the battery. The fast charging is amazing too, can't believe how they've made it charge so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom